New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here

​​​​​Hi, I'm new here. Looking forward to getting some further inspiration and ideas for my 1999 Camaro. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190811_152325.jpg
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	1578015

Welcome to the site. What’s your goals with the car?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Well I haven't fully made up my mind as to what I want to do. Can't decide between just doing some mild power adders to the V6 or saving up for an engine swap. Half tempted to buy the hooker blackheart parts and store them for an engine swap and just keep the V6 with a header upgrade for the time being. I bought the car 12 years ago with a flowmaster exhaust done and I've added a KN cold air intake since.

Comment

If your going to do a swap then I wouldn’t do any engine upgrades, not even headers. Do suspension, appearance and interior.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Ya agreed, if doing an engine swap focus on suspension and the rear end.

Engine swaps are expensive, in all honesty you could probably spend less on a turbo build and be faster for cheaper than it would cost you to run a swapped motor and then mod it.

My LS1 bolt ons and Ford 8.8 rear end with a 3600 stall and 3.73’s is running mid 12’s last I was out. A 3.8 turbo’d car would ruin my day. At least until I get a Cam in it…

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            3 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X