Clear All

• Greetings all!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1578014003408.jpg
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1574882Click image for larger version

Name:	0_FB_IMG_1570578628480.jpg
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1574881 ​​​​Greetings from Alabama everyone! Proud to be in the group!

Here's my ride.......2015 Camaro 1LT. I call it the Silver Surfer. Pretty basic, only additions are the rear spoiler, K&N CAI, tint and rear louver. Planning on a tune one day.
    Attached Files

Not sure how I manage to log into my bug testing account there..

Anywho, welcome to the site! Any plans for her in 2020?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Welcome to the site, yeah a tune will help a lot.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I haven't set in stone any upgrades so far. I've been thinking about the Trifecta tune from Phastek but the sticker price is pretty significant. I also seen a chip from Performance Chip Revamp (PCR) and it says it does a lot. I'd have to research it all though. Also thought about the Pedal Commander. I don't race or anything though.
        I have a few maintenance items to do. Swapping out the master cylinder reservoir, sensor done went bad. Should be an easy fix and bleed, luckily no Brembo calipers. Already go the new replacement reservoir and even came with cap!

Comment

Do you have a tech 2 tool to bleed the brakes on it after?

Comment

No. Just have the vacuum pump for the bleeder screws. I know it would be best to cycle the abs pump to change out all the old brake fluid. Seen on another forum site, that others done some work on their brake system but didn't worry about the abs pump. Figured if I protect the engine compartment and don't get too rough with the master cylinder, there would be little air to bleed out. Been trying to figure out the bleed screw size. One site said it was like 10 mm but it was on a SS.

Comment

I did see a few folks say it was like $80 at the dealership to cycle the ABS.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisHG72 View Post
                No. Just have the vacuum pump for the bleeder screws. I know it would be best to cycle the abs pump to change out all the old brake fluid. Seen on another forum site, that others done some work on their brake system but didn't worry about the abs pump. Figured if I protect the engine compartment and don't get too rough with the master cylinder, there would be little air to bleed out. Been trying to figure out the bleed screw size. One site said it was like 10 mm but it was on a SS.
                I believe you will need the shop to bleed the brakes with a tech 2. You can get away with not cycling the ABS unit as long as you are not introducing air into the master cylinder. I.e you are changing a caliper and you do it quickly enough that you do not allow the master cylinder to go dry. In this case you only have to bleed that particular line as no air would have been introduced anywhere else in the system.

As soon as you have air in your master cylinder, your entire brake system will need to be bled.

You may want to look into bench bleeding the master cylinder as well to help expedite the process.

Comment

Thanks! I gotten in touch with a family friend that works at a shop and has that repair info from Mitchell on demand. I did accomplish something today. That aggravating heatshield got silenced today by adding another clamp. Now it shouldn't be so embarrassing when riding slow by pedestrians

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                    Had to get another phone
                    by ssms5411
                    Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                    1 week ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Leaking front cover
                    by ssms5411
                    So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • transamtom1
                    Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                    by transamtom1
                    Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X