Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the community..

New to the community
    I grew up around muscle cars my father owning multiple Camaros from 2nd to 3rd gen. My first car was naturally a camaro. A 1998 Chevrolet Camaro RS in Cayenne red metalllic.
    The original owner took off the ground effects and wing so I am in the process of putting them back on.
    I run Pirelli P7 Cinturato on original rims.
    Currently installing Flowmaster cat back American thunder exhaust. Headers will be later.
    Going to be upgrading the camshaft lifters valve springs next month. Any advice here is much appreciated as I don’t know to much in this area. I’m trying to give it the sound of a muscle car but not so loud that it’s not streetable. I’ve been looking at this cam attached
    https://www.compcams.com/xtreme-ener...m-lifters.html
    I want it to generally sound like this
    I'm swapping the rear to an ls differiential haven’t decided on gears thought about 4.10 but am being told that is to much.
    Going for high 300 -400 hp.

Welcome to the site, your going to have to go turbo if you want that high horsepower, look at zzperformance for cams they seem to work well.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Welcome, sounds like a sweet build in the process. Turbos are the quickest and most efficient way to get to that 300 whp range. There is a T3/T4 turbo kit that is floating around ebay every now and again. Last time I saw the kit it was about $700, maybe a little bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by NastyRS View Post
        New to the community
        I grew up around muscle cars my father owning multiple Camaros from 2nd to 3rd gen. My first car was naturally a camaro. A 1998 Chevrolet Camaro RS in Cayenne red metalllic.
        The original owner took off the ground effects and wing so I am in the process of putting them back on.
        I run Pirelli P7 Cinturato on original rims.
        Currently installing Flowmaster cat back American thunder exhaust. Headers will be later.
        Going to be upgrading the camshaft lifters valve springs next month. Any advice here is much appreciated as I don’t know to much in this area. I’m trying to give it the sound of a muscle car but not so loud that it’s not streetable. I’ve been looking at this cam attached
        https://www.compcams.com/xtreme-ener...m-lifters.html
        I want it to generally sound like this
        I'm swapping the rear to an ls differiential haven’t decided on gears thought about 4.10 but am being told that is to much.
        Going for high 300 -400 hp.
        Welcome to the forum! lots of information on this site for sure.

Are you manual or auto? If you are auto you may find the 4.10 gears are a bit much (I did) and want to stick with either 3.90's or 3.73's. If you are a manual then you will be ok with the 4.10's

That cam looks a little small if you are going for a 300-400hp build. The cam I had in my car was up at 230/240 duration and .512 lift.

If nailing 300-400 hp is a goal you may have an easier time going boosted vs an NA setup.

I would start off by giving these threads a good read to wrap your head around a few things and give you some good ideas:

The 3800 v6 Camaro Heads & Cam Bible

3800 Camaro Cylinder Head Research

V6 Camaro Cam Comparison and Horsepower Output

How to install an M90 in your Camaro

V6 Camaro Turbo's / Superchargers / Meth and other build info

Definitely look forward to seeing the build take shape whichever root you go.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post

Welcome to the forum! lots of information on this site for sure.

Are you manual or auto? If you are auto you may find the 4.10 gears are a bit much (I did) and want to stick with either 3.90's or 3.73's. If you are a manual then you will be ok with the 4.10's

That cam looks a little small if you are going for a 300-400hp build. The cam I had in my car was up at 230/240 duration and .512 lift.

If nailing 300-400 hp is a goal you may have an easier time going boosted vs an NA setup.

I would start off by giving these threads a good read to wrap your head around a few things and give you some good ideas:

The 3800 v6 Camaro Heads & Cam Bible

3800 Camaro Cylinder Head Research

V6 Camaro Cam Comparison and Horsepower Output

How to install an M90 in your Camaro

V6 Camaro Turbo's / Superchargers / Meth and other build info

Definitely look forward to seeing the build take shape whichever root you go.
          The car is an auto.
          Ill look into those gears.

Comment

Yeah I have a auto with 3.73s , not bad at all and still does great on the highway. Cam will depend on whether your going N/A or boosted.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to get another phone
              by ssms5411
              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
              1 week ago
            • ssms5411
              Leaking front cover
              by ssms5411
              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
              2 weeks ago
            • transamtom1
              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
              by transamtom1
              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X