Hello from Houston Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Houston Tx

Hello everyone. I'm Matt and me with my son are building a 1999 firebird v6 turbo drag car. It's a father and son project we are doing in our garage. The car I acquired is a 1999 firebird Y87 package, comes stock with a positive track rear dif and 3.42 gears. It had no engine so I bought one from a 2002 firebird. For now i kept the v6 to install a turbo and have some fun with it. Once this engine will give in i will LS swap it.

some of the work i did to the donor engine is to tear it apart, clean it all out, refresh the heads, lap the valves and port and polish intake (upper and lower) and the heads valve chambers and passages. I will install also an Intense turbocharged cam, new timing chain oil pressure kit and custom turbo set up. Keep in mind we are doing this on a budget and to have fun. Mostly to teach my 8year old son couple of things.

here some pics
    Attached Files

Welcome to the site. Looks like a fun project.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Nice look! That will be a fun build... make sure you remember to take apart the mls 3 piece head gasket, clean them up and copper spray each side when assembling the heads for the best seal.

I can’t wait to see this build in motion and we have a few other sweet turbo builds going on currently as well...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        6 hours ago
      • ssms5411
        Had to get another phone
        by ssms5411
        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
        1 week ago
      • ssms5411
        Leaking front cover
        by ssms5411
        So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
        2 weeks ago
      • transamtom1
        Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
        by transamtom1
        Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X