Hello All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All

Im Joel from Pennsylvania, and have had 3 4th gen V6 Camaros now. 2 94 3.4l. One hard top, one t top. Current one is the 3.8l T top. Have an extensive list of work I will be putting into this one. Probably going to make a thread specific to laying out details of it. Just wanted to say hey.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	36735801_1541488135957337_2589745411245735936_n.jpg
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	1572791
    Attached Files

97 30th RS. 204rwhp, 238rwtq (for now)
    SCCA AutoX and Track Night Road Course Car.
    Rather drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

Sorry, not sure why the photo came up twice. Still figuring out this forum.

Comment

Looks nice:welcome:
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Nice! I was talking to you on the facebook groups last night - definitely make a thread and lay out what you want to do to her. There have been some sweet builds here and there are tons of guys with lots of knowledge on these cars lurking around. I had a heads/cam build myself, there have been some guys that have swapped on the m90 superchargers (with a lot of fabrication work) and a bunch of turbo guys as well.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Thanks guys! Yea, Ive grown to know a lot about these cars specifically now. Probably in about 2 years I will be fabricating a custom twin turbo kit for it. I have a lot of other things I want to get done to it first and need to save to buy and setup my own dyno to tune it when Im done since I wont be working where I do now that has one for when Im finished with the kit.. Also the expenses at the track take a toll into building. I take her to autocross and track day events as much as possible.

Comment

That’ll be a fun build- fastest twin turbo setup on these cars went 8’s in the quarter mile and put down 800+ rwhp

Comment

Sounds like a wicked setup! I wont be going for that though. Im probably going to use twin K04 turbos. Small, quick boost. Making a custom intake manifold for this setup as well. All said and done, Im looking for 500-600rwhp. Enough to compete head on with a cammed and tuned LS based Corvette. They have a handling advantage just from the overall chassis design, but if I can get my setup just right, I can make the Camaro better. I can already chase down weekend warrior vette drivers in the corners, they just up and leave me in the straights obviously. The other serious racing drivers though, I dont have the power to get out of the corners, nor the handling to take the power needed to keep up with them. So thats my overall goal is to make this a very surprising track monster. Ive been around and worked on LS motors for the last 10 years, and it would be easier to do something with that, but I want to do something a bit different and a bit more challenging.

On the subject of LS motors though, I will be swapping an LS into my WJ (2000 Grand Cherokee). I really need a bigger garage for all these projects I decide to do..

Comment

You would be extremely surprised how well the 4th gens can handle when you actually put effort into it. Do a lot of reading on here from Sam Strano - he had a lot of knowledge about these cars on suspension setups. I know I was in a test drive for a Camaro that had a watts link along with Koni's, weight reduction along with weight redistributed to make it close to 50/50 weight and a full roll bar and I tell you this thing handled better than any vehicle I have been in including a few vettes. The guy had a lot more done than that as well

Comment

Very familiar with Stranos work. Half the suspension parts I have on the list to buy is from him. My 3.4l Camaro did great in autocross with just tires. Just didnt have the power I needed to get out of the corner.

Comment

Are you auto crossing the 3.4 or 3.8?

If you are racing the 3.4 and building it you may want to give this a read if you are not already familiar with this information on the 3.4:

https://www.camarov6.com/forum/techn...-ohv-rwd-motor

Comment

The 3.4l is what I used to run in autocross. Just sold that to a buddy of mine now. Now I have this 3.8l and it will do some autocross but will mainly be geared toward track day events.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                        Hello everyone!
                        by Andy H
                        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • 3.4 slow to go
                        hey there strangers!
                        by 3.4 slow to go
                        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X