• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nubee

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0995.JPG
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1572646 Hi...I'm hanging on to this 2000 V6 Camaro. I just purchased a couple of weeks ago and thought it would fill my need to have an older hobby car. I've been showing and restoring older muscle cars, mostly AMC's ...Rebels and Javelins. I have been showing cars since 1985 and never lost at any show I entered. I'm a detail kook.
    This has a 3.8/auto and comes with the "Sport Appearance Package" body kit. I'm installing a set of Vette wagon wheels(17's and 18"s) when the new tires come in next week. I also plan to change the rear end by the end of the month due a slight gear growl(i have a 2000 SS donor). It does run really good and needs very little but mostly preventative maintenance to keep it running good.
    I'm really happy so far with the 30mpg and the handling which I'd love to firm up a bit.
    Last edited by Rebel550; 01-01-2019, 09:01 PM. Reason: trying to figure how to enter pics

Looks clean!

If you want to up the handling a little bit, sway bars are a good start and fairly cheap. 32mm up front is a good upgrade. Sam Strano has a lot of good information about the suspension setup of these cars. Two good threads you'll want to go over are:

Suspension Guidelines

and

Sam Strano on a 4th Gen Chassis

Good to see you're a big detail guy - you'll have to share some secrets with us in the appearance section. Photos/videos/how to's or any general tips are always useful if you're willing to share. Glad to have you on board and don't be shy to post the other show cars you have as well!

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Looks great, welcome to the site.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
        Looks clean!

If you want to up the handling a little bit, sway bars are a good start and fairly cheap. 32mm up front is a good upgrade. Sam Strano has a lot of good information about the suspension setup of these cars. Two good threads you'll want to go over are:

Suspension Guidelines

and

Sam Strano on a 4th Gen Chassis

Good to see you're a big detail guy - you'll have to share some secrets with us in the appearance section. Photos/videos/how to's or any general tips are always useful if you're willing to share. Glad to have you on board and don't be shy to post the other show cars you have as well!
        As soon as I got the car I hit it with Meguiar's #2 to clean the clear coat. If it ever warms up again, I'll use Black Pearl#4 polish and follow up with some Meguiars Tech Wax. I'm pretty happy with first cleaning but this clear coat has a few issues that will eventually clear up.
        Thanks for the tips on the sway bars but for now I ordered "ready struts" and rear shocks from Rock Auto as a kit to get the ball rolling.

Comment

One thing I would like to add...I promise not to to put those awful boy racing stripes on my Camaro fenders.. :rally:

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel550 View Post

As soon as I got the car I hit it with Meguiar's #2 to clean the clear coat. If it ever warms up again, I'll use Black Pearl#4 polish and follow up with some Meguiars Tech Wax. I'm pretty happy with first cleaning but this clear coat has a few issues that will eventually clear up.
            Thanks for the tips on the sway bars but for now I ordered "ready struts" and rear shocks from Rock Auto as a kit to get the ball rolling.
            Interesting - I might just have to pick your brain on some clearcoat issues mine is having...

Comment

Nice! Looks like it's in great condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro3800v6 View Post
                Nice! Looks like it's in great condition.
                Its a driver condition car. But overall it is in really good shape. Yesterday I took it to the muffler shop and found the exhaust pipe was pushed back about an inch at the joint, they moved back into position and figuring I had a rear end gear failing the pipe out of adjustment cause the car to vibrate until it came into OD. But now the growling is gone because of the pipe fix...so I had them install a pair of nice exhaust tips. Woo Hoo!

Comment

Win - Win!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                    Hello everyone!
                    by Andy H
                    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X