Site Down Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Down Time

Just letting you all know that in the next week or so the site could be up and down. I intend to move the site off of the cloud platform onto my own hosting platform. I don't overly expect that the transition will be smooth given I haven't really done this before and am somewhat new to it.

With any luck the site will be down for a minimal amount of time only. But I just wanted to let you all know ahead of time so that you don't think the site is down for good if you were to visit and experience issues / outage.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

When’s this happening Mike?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Not 100% sure on timing at the moment. Plan to grab the new licence this week and work on the transfer.

I’ll make sure the site has messaging saying it is down and will be back. And I’ll post here with more updates as well

Comment

As an update - I have initiated the move with Vbulletin support staff. The ticket is now in motion as I fill out some minor paperwork to give them the credential they require to help me with the move.

At this point in time, the site could go offline at any time. They have said it could take them up to 72 hours or possibly longer if they run into any issues. I am going to say possibly 72 hours to a week given I may need to quickly learn and figure out bugs that they require in order to do this move.

Please just bare with me - once we go down we will be back up as soon as we can!

Comment

We’re back!!!!!!!
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            We’re back!!!!!!!
            yes and no. Things have been really laggy and slow. My host is useless. Vbulletin is working on some bugs with the install that I am hoping are worked out asap.

I have been very frustrated this passed 2 weeks with this...

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post

yes and no. Things have been really laggy and slow. My host is useless. Vbulletin is working on some bugs with the install that I am hoping are worked out asap.

I have been very frustrated this passed 2 weeks with this...
              Yeah , I’ve noticed the slow speed when getting to the site and when on the site. I’m sure they’ll fix it. Had me worried for a bit with it down for so long.

Comment

glad to see the site back up, but yea it does seam a little slow. anyhow, good to see yall back

Comment

Are you guys noticing it be faster now? They believe they resolved the issue. I have requested the upgrade to vbulletin be installed over the next few days. But that should be quick and painless but will help things as well.

Outside of that I am determining if I need to up my hosting package any to handle everything.

Looking for all and any input. I know I have to fix the smiles too...

Comment

Seems to be faster.

Comment

Just logged on and seems to be faster. Hopefully it’s all worked out

Comment

I hope so too...I can't tell you how much hair I lost over the last 2 weeks lol...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                          Had to get another phone
                          by ssms5411
                          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                          1 week ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Leaking front cover
                          by ssms5411
                          So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • transamtom1
                          Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                          by transamtom1
                          Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X