Welcome back!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome back!!!

Good Afternoon everyone and welcome back to Camarov6.com - hoping to bring back the old gang and their wealth of knowledge back as we move forward with the revitalization of this website. As you'll notice, I have began updates by upgrading the forum to the latest software available with many new things to come.

I'd like to ask a few things of members as they begin to return - please no bashing of old admins/mods or how the website was run in the past. You may not have agreed with certain aspects of how things were ran or what was done but there is no need to revisit it. CV6 was a great knowledge-base for 18 years and we all owe a big thanks to Steve and Robert for making it possible for the community to exist to the capacity it did in the first place. I certainly would not be where I am with what I do to cars today if it were not for this forum. So, it is now up to us to carry the torch forward. Let's leave any politics and the like in the past and work to build this site for the future and to encompass all v6 camaros from every generation.

Please take some time to roll your way through the website and provide any feedback that you can. Since this website is just up and running now, there are a number of bugs to work out and I have to wrap my head around a lot of things- but ultimately I want to make this a very user-friendly site.

That being said, currently I have not purchased the mobile suite from Vbulletin and am trying to do a bit of research on how the mobile suite will work and what that means - I welcome all feedback on the ease or difficulty of use of the forum through mobile, tablet and desktop formats. I am making lists of things I want to update/fix/address as I move along.

Welcome back to our old members and welcome to all the newbies!!!

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re-Launch! :banana:
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

You found the login! :poke:

Still a bunch of bugs to work out and things to learn. Some of the smilies don't work, the search function is driving me up the wall and I am starting to wonder if it is because the old forum was forum.camarov6.com and I have everything setup as camarov6.com

May have to buzz tech support again, but super happy the site is at least back up to some degree and we're making progress! I just wasted a wack load of time reminiscing through some old threads that made me laugh lol

Comment

im not as well versed as i used to be in VB backside crap, but you can hit me up still and ill try and help out. i did a shit ton of work on the 2 sites i helped get started back in the day (before the dude that i turned them over to ran them into the ground.)

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

I will definitely be reaching out to you and other old members as I wrap my head around all of this stuff and catch my bearings. I played with the demo a little bit before I bought the site, but nothing compares to when you have all of the info on hand now from the old site.

I plan to begin populating the forum with sections for all 5th and 6th gen camaros in the next day or so, so you'll see things being moved around a little bit.

On a side note- are you guys getting emails every time something is posted on the forum or is that just me? I may of mixed up a setting or two

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
            On a side note- are you guys getting emails every time something is posted on the forum or is that just me? I may of mixed up a setting or two
            Yes - but don't remember if I did in the past.

Also - how do I get to the "signature" page now? I need to update.

Raven

Comment

Login has issues - will not stay logged in - have to login each time.

Raven

Comment

Holy shit! It's alive!
                1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Hey Robert, I just set the login timeout to 1.5 hours. So let me know if you keep getting booted out.

I also updated the signature character limit - let me know if that works.

Guys can you try posting on the forum via your phones and let me know if you have any issues from a mobile perspective? I can't seem to post with an Iphone, wondering if any other platforms are being affected.

Now is the time to let me know what bugs you all are seeing - I'm on the hunt to correct everything I can

and ohhhh yes... alive and kicking!

Comment

alright talk to me before I go further here- I created a "Camaro v6 engine General Tech section" it is broken down by generations...if I do this for advanced engine tech, tuning drivetrain, etc...is it going to look confusing to you guys? I know how I want to structure the breakdown- but I am curious what you guys think as far as making it easy to read/find on the site.

I want folks to come on and be able to find/post/read any forum they need almost instantly without getting lost in a cluster... I know when I used to go on LS1tech I used to hate how "busy" it was with so many forums and it being so hard to find what I needed...

I also need to add 3.4L's to the 4th gen section...got hit with a node error code so that is on hold for the time being...If I fudged on any of the generation v6 engines available let me know...I added support for the 4 bangers because I highly doubt they have their own forum like the v8 folks

I intend to wrap FI/Nitrous into the advanced engine tech section with heads/cam builds. I think advanced engine is advanced engine and could encompass FI no? Obviously there are differences between an N/A build and an FI build, but you're still pretty hardcore and looking at upgrades to the fueling systems etc that I don't "think" it really needs to be separated at this point in time...unless posts are getting buried 2-3 pages back daily....thoughts?

Comment

• Hello sac2165 it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
                      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Well I'll be... I randomly checked this address again although the site was gone the last few times and lo and behold here it is! lol. I'm glad to see it back up and running. I have some racing updates for everyone!
                        aka FreedStyle
                        Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                        2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                          Well I'll be... I randomly checked this address again although the site was gone the last few times and lo and behold here it is! lol. I'm glad to see it back up and running. I have some racing updates for everyone!
                          you didn't think it would be gone....forever...did you?? :cool:

Comment

Deep down inside I must have known this place would never just go away. That must be why I never deleted the bookmark on my phone or computer... lol. Facebook has done a good job putting a hurt on forums, but these places are still the best place to go for reliable information. Glad it's back! I'll be catching up and updating my threads too.
                            aka FreedStyle
                            Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                            2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

catch up, update and we'll be expanding the forums to all v6 camaros so if you know anyone that wants to help build and expand the site out with knowledge...bring them on over. I literally just got the site up and running so it is still very buggy...be sure to let me know any issues you have so I can have tech support chase them down faster.

Good to see you back!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X