Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Slotted Rotors?

Originally posted by coburnaburna
    I think The word your looking for is Frisbee (blue). This is the only type of floating disk that would be worth buying for our cars. Slotted or drilled rotors are pointless besides for looks. Even if you like the looks of them your wallett is not because of glitches in them. Oh yea, we also have v6's so there is absolutely no need in them if the ls1 doesnt come with them standard.

You're responding to a thread that is over 5 YEARS OLD!
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

firebirdgt is right, you dont need slotted and drilled rotors, they come vented which is enough, unless your doing autocross ur fine, the best thing to do if you have a pre 98 camaro you should get the front calipers from the 98+ camaros since they are double piston which greatly improves stopping, many people believe that you don't need much stopping power in the rear,which is true to an extent, but you do need a substantial amount(more than you think) but focus on the front first as it takes almost all the weight of the car on sudden braking.

Comment

Any reason you keep digging up year old threads?
        '99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0 - 4300K HID, Some Bolt-ons
        '97 RS - HPTuner, Bolt-ons
        '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

this one was funny ahahahaa

Comment

hahaha!!! 2002, wow!!!
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

hey even though its an old *** thread it was full of usefull information.

Comment

that is why it's a sticky newb:rolleyes:

jk
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                  If you want the "Look" then get either, but unless you're racing they're not worth the extra money. Slotted are DESIGNED to wear the pad to keep it clear and fresh during racing. If you want to keep replacing pads, go for it. Cross-drilled do nothing for performance, other than DECREASE the amount of rotor/pad contact. I personally want as much as I can get, which is why I upgraded to the larger LS1 brakes. I see no reason to have "swiss cheese" rotors.

I agree with you in the surface area argument, but the whole slotted are DESIGNED to wear the pad?? uh, I don't think so. as far as it "wearing" the pad out faster, it's a perfrectly flat machined surface, not like theres tiny scoops that cut the pads. If you get pads that are DESIGNED to be used with drilled/slotted rotors, then you wont have a problem, however if you get just plain "organic" pads aka Not ceramic, then yes they will probably wear a little faster, and not be as aggressive. I only know this information from my own research/experience. Just recently purchased this set of cragar rotors and ceramic pads from Summit. I was skeptical at first about the necessity of the D/S rotors, but noticed a HUGE difference right away. no more pedal fade, more bite, no dust, no vibrations, no noises, a straight forward honest to goodness upgrade in braking performance. but hey, don't take my word for it, feel the difference yourself!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PWR-8250XPR-1KT/

:)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                    Hello everyone!
                    by Andy H
                    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X