No announcement yet.

C7 Rims on F-body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got them for $1100 tires included. Tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sport Run Flats, so we'll see how they ride. I think backs have about 4-5/32nds and the fronts have about 6-7/32nds. So we'll see how long I can get out of them.

I would have them on right now but I need the spacers. I just order the spacers last night and had them shipped to my cousins place in CT. I'll head down in a few weeks and pick up the half of parts over there and bring them all back here. Then I am debating if I should just test fit the tires on the car before I put it down for surgery... I don't want to drive with them on because the tie rods are a bit loose and causing inside wear on my current tires. So I don't want to burn these new ones up. That being said, my tie rods, front LCA's, and K frame are at the house in CT. All my other parts including shocks are here. So I am going to swap everything all at once then get it aligned.

I am excited to be one of the few f-bodies running C7 rims, so hopefully I didn't F*ck up on my assessment lol.

It was unbelievably difficult to find hub centric wheel spacers that had the proper bore size by the way...holy smokes...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

That’s a great price with tires, yeah it’s better to do it all at once. Good luck.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Mike, since you mentioned wheel spacers and Steve you mentioned about getting yours at summit racing what do you all think of these:

Attached Files

Comment

Is the bolt pattern correct. These are only for my stock wheels.

Comment

Looks good, yes bolt pattern is correct. They look like mine but mine are only 1” spacers.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I bought these for $50 and will be nabbing them in CT this weekend: https://amzn.to/3zpfHHZ

They are 1.25" and have the hub centric lip with what I believe is the proper hub bore. Keep in mind with a 1.25" spacer you shouldn't have to shorten your existing studs, where as I hear the 1" spacers you will

Comment

Those look good Mike, 1” I didn’t need to shorten the studs.

Comment

Got the backs on today. They fit nice. The car is filthy so I’ll get better photos.

The were a bit tight fitting on the hub centric part of the spacer, but I question it that is from when they powdercoated the rim that area is a bit thicker.

I took it out for a quick spin with just the Koni’s on the back and holy crap it already feels like a brand new car. Can’t wait to get the front done…

Click image for larger version

Name:	0236717E-0C2A-4CA1-B7B9-5503934C8BC6.jpeg
Size:	3.50 MB
ID:	1578271

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

Tossed the front on quick before I started tearing apart the front end. Fitment looks bang on. I couldn’t load the suspension without putting her down, but offset for the front is 56mm which is same as stock for us. So I don’t forsee any issues. I am super excited for these

C7 rims on Camaro

Comment

Nice, the black rims really look great with your Camaro’s color, can’t wait to see it when your finished.

Comment

Got the C7 rims on. I think it looks sharp on the Camaro. Looks like I just barely scrub the tire on the fender lip on the right side back. I may be able to adjust the panhard to eliminate that, but I ordered a fender roller tool just to be safe.

C7 corvette rims on Camaro

Comment

C7 corvette rims on Camaro

Comment

Looks good, how does it drive now? You sit pretty low do you scrape on anything?

Comment

The ride is amazing. Definitely stiffer, but I have my fronts on 4.5 sweeps and backs probably a little stiffer than needed at about 50% stiff.

The car is a brand new car coupled with the koni’s. It’s like it’s on rails. I have pulled some 90 degree turns at 40-45mph just testing and getting used to the new setup and it’s zero body role and a nice flat front end.

Tires are interesting. When I go full throttle at a 10-20mph roll she gets squirrelly but coming off the throttle just a smidge she snaps the rear end back hard and grabs violently. Great it grabs traction like that, not sure I like it yet lol. I may need to get used to it. So far it responds well, but I question if it might get unpredictable at times. The tires are 4-5/32nds remaining so to be fair it hooks well for a worn tire and better than my nittos. Just need to get used to how it grabs now.

The car is a totally different feel. Outside of my squealing belt you’d thing the damn thing was a 2018 car or something

Only thing I have scraped so far is the tire on the fender lol. That said I have not gone over speedbumps

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X