Getting new tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting new tires

Going with Kumho Estca tires for $600 shipped, z rated too. My Bfg gforce tires are too expensive now and almost 7 years old, have dry rot and cracked. Maybe have 500 miles on the tread. So no more expensive tires since this is the 2nd time the tread was perfect but age took them out. But I plan on having the turbo on before I replace them so I’ll do some burnouts on them.lol might as well then get the Kumhos on.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Those are actually pretty good tires. I had one on my suv and they are pretty smooth.

Comment

Yeah , I use to run them when I had 16” rims, but the bfgs I’ve ran for almost 20 years. I always run into cracks and dry rott before running into tread problems. But I’m driving the Camaro more now so hopefully It doesn’t sit like it has. Also when I drove into Prescott a couple of weeks ago to have the alignment, the guy said, your tires are 6 years old and their showing signs of cracks and dryrot and that’s how Paul Walker died. I told him I watched that show too and he died because of speed and the drainage pipes in the road. He says but his tires were old and worn. I just told him don’t use someone’s death to try and sell tires and left.lol It was a free alignment I bought at Firestone in 2008, I’ve gotten 3 alignments so far, I’ve gotten my money’s worth out of it.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Finally ordered these, came to $624 from TireRack. Should get them next week.

Comment

Which model of the Kumho Estca?
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Ps31 sl, That’s all that it says. I would prefer the BFGs but too expensive right now.

Comment

These?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...del=Ecsta+PS31

This summer:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...a&autoModClar=

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Yes , the first link.

Comment

Hopefully get the tires out of the office and put on next week.

Comment

Getting these finally installed April 14th , I’ll let you know how they ride.

Comment

Got them installed, ride pretty good. I like them so far. Click image for larger version

Name:	CFBB0E87-863E-47E3-A76D-FCF05DFD784F.jpeg
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	1577976

Comment

Nice, I need to get new tires either this year or next year and I am debating what to go with as well as size. I can't remember the biggest tire I can get on the C5 17" front rims that will fit under the Camaro

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Probably 275 or 285, what’s the width?

Comment

Width of the front rim is 9.5” I believe. I have 275’s in the back, I think I can go 285’s no problem… but fronts I thought could only go 245’s?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                              Width of the front rim is 9.5” I believe. I have 275’s in the back, I think I can go 285’s no problem… but fronts I thought could only go 245’s?
                              9.5 width, you should be able to use 275, 285. Mines 17x9.5 and I use 275 on the front.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X