R1concepts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1concepts

You guys remember these guys, I found them on eBay like over 15 years ago. They have their own website now, I bought the front and rear rotors like 15-17 years ago, got the drilled and slotted and they’ve lasted all these years. Replaced the fronts not too long ago when I did the 98+ brake upgrade. Rears are looking worn so I got their zinc coated slotted rotors and ceramic pads, excellent price too. Will post pics. I remember I got the rear rotors when I did the drum to disc swap. That’s along time ago.lol
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

https://www.r1concepts.com/

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Thanks for posting the link Robert.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Not bad. The geomet one goes for 404 dollar plus the 15 percent off. Not bad at all.

Comment

Yeah Edgar , I got the Geomet ones , the slotted, was like $118 with the pads, got 20% off. Edit, I got the regular ones my bad.
          Last edited by ssms5411; 09-29-2021, 04:14 PM.

Comment

How are you liking it?

Is it really an upgrade from stock?

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
              How are you liking it?

Is it really an upgrade from stock?
              I haven’t installed the new ones yet, yes it’s definitely a upgrade. I noticed the fronts right away rear not so much. They do look good though.

Comment

Rotors lasting 15 years? When I was driving about 8 road racing events a year, rotors were a yearly wear item..
                Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
                Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Going to try and do the rotors and brake pads tomorrow on the rear, did all the oil changes on all the vehicles today was fun. I’ll post some pics if I get to it.

Comment

Was too sore from working on the vehicles yesterday, will try Sunday.

Comment

Finally got to them today, R1 concepts rotors and hawks ceramic pads, old rotors looked pretty bad along with the pads. Not bad for 15 years.lol here’s some pics of the install. Click image for larger version

Name:	1E30EA01-BA88-4AE3-B0ED-EE15CFA5239C.jpeg
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	1577706 Click image for larger version

Name:	A6D35253-F171-4A1D-8A4E-1CD9813389C0.jpeg
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	1577707

Comment

I'll have to check them out next set of rotors I do. Looks like they have a good selection of cars. I was going to jumpt to doing the CTSV brakes, so I can source my rotors from them. Hell, I just sent them an email to see if they are interested in sponsoring the forum...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Nice , that would be cool.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            9 hours ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Had to get another phone
                            by ssms5411
                            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                            1 week ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Leaking front cover
                            by ssms5411
                            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • transamtom1
                            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                            by transamtom1
                            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X