No announcement yet.

Brake Line Flare Nut Corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the new lines in and bolted up. Just need to snug them down this week. I also clearanced my headers a bit where they were rubbing on the steering knuckle.

I didn't like the back bracked that holds the two flex lines to the axle. It always just kind of floated and got ziptied down. So this time around I deleted it as it doesn't have a spot to bolt onto the ford 8.8 rear end.

Any ideas on how I can secure the axle brake lines down?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Has anyone deleted the exhaust heat shields that run beside the steering shaft and over the brake lines?

The new lines are all hardlines, so they don’t sit as nicely as the flex lines that were there before. The heat shield is not really going back on. I am thinking about deleting it and maybe just wrapping the lines in a heat/thermal tape. Wondering if that might cause an issue...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        2 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X