Possible tires for stock rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible tires for stock rims

I currently have Goodyear's 235/55r16 on my stock tires.

What's the best tires out there, preferably Z rated. Can I go wider.

I remember one of our members, Everglades, had a pretty good set of tires on his stock wheels and they were wide too, but I can't find that old post anymore.

Acceptable sizes for the stock 16" Wheel
    P215/60R16 (stock size)
    P225/55R16
    P235/55R16 (stock size)
    P245/50R16 (stock on Z28s)
    P255/50R15

More info on tire sizes.

I ran hankook performance tires in 245/50/16 back in the day and loved them. Right now I have nitto 555’s on my car and they are great too. I need replacements either this year or next year and will likely go with hankook or nitto - both hooked up well for me.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

When I had 16” rims I went with 255/50/16 and they were great. Yeah Edgar the 255 really fill out the rim and look bad @ss.
      Last edited by ssms5411; 04-07-2020, 02:16 PM.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

That's good information there Mike. I remember when Dominic posted that. He also went by the name of Cardinal. That really brings back memory.

What brand did you go with Steve. The 255 is probably the ones I've been looking for. I'll see if Hankook has them. They have pretty good price.

Comment

I think 255 was on a 15 inch rim irrc?

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
            I think 255 was on a 15 inch rim irrc?
            No there’s a 255 for a 16” rim, 255/50/16 . Edgar I think it’s was BFGs I’ll look into it.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

This is what I use to run I think it’s been awhile.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-BF-Go...6702%7Ciid%3A1

Comment

Thanks guys.

That's a really good price there, Steve.

Comment

Yeah, I usually go through eBay and get the tires and have the shop nearby put them on for $50.

Comment

Tirerack usually has some good prices too...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X