Spohn, UMI, BMR Torque Arms and Torque Specs - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spohn, UMI, BMR Torque Arms and Torque Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spohn, UMI, BMR Torque Arms and Torque Specs

After living with clunks in my chassis mounted torque arm for years and it driving me absolutely crazy I finally figured it out and fixed my issue. Turns out the bolts for the tunnel mount to the torque arm eyelet were loose and had play to it.

I pulled up the torque specs on the chassis mounted torque arm from UMI and I am going to assume that they are the same for BMR, Sophn and others of the same design.

UMI Chassis Mount Torque Arm Torque Specs
    • Torque arm to the Rear Differential is 120 ft/lbs
    • Torque arm to the tunnel brace is 70 ft/lbs
    • I read on another forum that Spohn has the side bolts at the rear that are 5/8 at 220ft lbs through the heim joint
    • The 4 bolts that hold the cross brace to the floor by the trans are to be hand tightened.
    I took my Camaro for a spin after re-torqueing the front to 70ft lbs and all of my clunking has disappeared. I literally feel like I am driving a brand new car. It even hits the tires harder when I nail the throttle.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Nice, yeah with my UMI tunnel mount I got new longer bolts , haven't had to mess with it for over 10 years now.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I have the longer bolts as well. These were the horizontal bolts that go into the front bracket by the transmission. From my understanding all of the horizontal bolts can cause an issue.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to get another phone
        by ssms5411
        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
        1 week ago
      • ssms5411
        Leaking front cover
        by ssms5411
        So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
        2 weeks ago
      • transamtom1
        Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
        by transamtom1
        Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X