98+ LS1 brake upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98+ LS1 brake upgrade

I have all the parts to do it . Was looking for a install thread , thought i saw it before. Any tips on this?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

It's just replace existing parts.

What parts have you got to do the conversion?
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I have to look in my box , but i should have the spindles and calipers , brake pads and rotors, and i have the stsinless steel brake lines somewhere.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Need the 98+ PAB brackets and bolts to attach to spindles.

Brake lines are the biggest issue - I had mine custom made.

Raven

Comment

Thanks, ill look for them. Where did you get the fitting made at?

Comment

Stock brake lines are too short - both 93-97 and 98+ due to change in style and location of hose ends.

Stainless Steel Braided Brake Hoses (Goodridge G-Stop p/n 12217-SPL)

The SPL means "special"

Raven

Comment

Thanks for the info Robert, do I just call them and give them the part #? Im going to go with some remanufactured calipers and brackets, ones i have are pretty worn out. The bracket , is that what you meant by PAB brackets, ill have to check on the bolts, if i dont have them, do you have a part # for them?

Comment

Found my bolts, their #18060356 i hope their the right ones, bought them 6 years ago. Any one know if thats the correct bolt number? Found my answer its correct, went on Roberts site and he had the bolt numbers and searched, the one I have is just a updated part number for them.
                Last edited by ssms5411; 09-16-2017, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Just got a email from them, will find out when they can make them and the price.

Comment

Just sent you an email.

Raven

Comment

Got it Robert, thanks.

Comment

Sent 3 emails responding to his first email, no response yet.

Comment

I've been refered to another person, so I sent them a email, guy i was emailing got caught up in a project. Got all the parts now, got Hawks ceramic pads, and waiting for my G2 caliper painting kit.
                          Last edited by ssms5411; 09-25-2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Their making them, just need to wait until their done, they are shipping them directly to me thats what the trouble was. Still need to pay for them. Painted the calipers yesterday, did them in silver, turned out pretty nice.
                            Last edited by ssms5411; 09-27-2017, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Now, the ball is rolling, just paid for them, 159.99 which isn't bad, for a custom kit, ill be #2 to have them. Robert is #1, this is for a kit so ill get front and rears.Final total for the brake lines was 182.55 thats shipped.
                              Last edited by ssms5411; 10-03-2017, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X