Bleed Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleed Brakes

97 Firebird. Replaced master cylinder, bench bleeding it first. But brakes don't feel right. Is it possible to bleed these systems with ABS? Thanks.

It is a pain in the *** without the GM tool they have to open the valves in the abs module. Did you remember to bleed the nipple that is by the abs module? If I remember correctly there is a bleeder port up there...otherwise get ready for taking it for a drive and slamming on the brakes to engage ABS, taking it back to jack it up, bleed all the ports again...taking it back out, slamming on the brakes engaging ABS, taking it back jacking it up and bleeding again...basically repeat this until the brakes are proper.

GM likes to charge $200-$300 just to put their tool on it and many non GM specific shops don't own the tool

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
      Hello everyone!
      by Andy H
      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
      3 weeks ago
    • 3.4 slow to go
      hey there strangers!
      by 3.4 slow to go
      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X