Bilstein Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilstein Shocks

Bilstein have replaced the front shock for the F-body this week. The originals were B46-1914 HD rear & B46-1913 HD front.

The B46-1914 rear is unchanged but is now numbered F4-B46-1914-M0.

The new front shock is F4-BE5-2406-M1. This an SLP Performance spec road racing shock built for SLP by Bilstein. I spoke to Bilstein today to make sure that it is fully compatible with the B46-1914 and they assured me it is. It performed significantly better than the old B46-1913, so they have adopted it as the F-body standard.

SLP on their website have an SLP spec rear shock as well so I have e-mailed them to confirm they have no issues with the B46-1914 paired up with their front units.
    95Camaro3.4T5Conv Red/White*SLP Bilsteins*BMR Tower Brace*CAI*NiehoffIgn*NGK PlatPlugs*DelcoHiPerfWires*FlowmasterCatback*RedDe vilReso(no cat)* DynoMax Muffler*B & M Shifter*Eurolite Lamps*Yokohama Avid 235/55/16*GM 3.73s*Auburn LSD*Sirius*All DONE!

Cool, thanks for the news. Though hopefully my current set will last pretty much forever :)
    Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
    Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Re: Bilstein Shocks

Just wanted to pass along some new information...the front Bilstein HDs have again been pushed back for manufacture. They were saying they'd have the next shipment ready at the 1st of January 2008 but they have no new timetable set. Something to keep in mind when ordering the rears because it's a good idea to have the same brand in the front and the rear. Rears are still readily available.

UPDATE: TireRack is reporting the front Bilstein shocks will once again be available on April 18, 2008. I'm not holding my breath but thought I'd pass it along.
      Last edited by Abaddon; 03-26-2008, 07:37 AM.
      2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

They claim they will be on backorder until July 15th 2008. but it will probably be longer. sucks for those like me who ordered the whole set back in 12/07 and only got the rear ones.

Update: I called Bilstein today and they guaranteed me they are coming soon (around August now)
        Last edited by 96nastybird; 07-16-2008, 02:17 PM.

Comment

The front shocks are back in stock! Here's the first place to have the new shipment available to the public:

http://www.allshocks.com:80/bilstein...year=&#39;2000'

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
            The front shocks are back in stock! Here's the first place to have the new shipment available to the public:

http://www.allshocks.com:80/bilstein...year=&#39;2000'
            Thats cool, I ordered mine last year in June and finally cancelled order in Decemberish. Let us know how these work out for you because they had to completely re-design front shock due to the loss of a supplier. Be nice to ee these still be high quality.
            Originally posted by kala
            I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
            parting her out

Comment

I'm secretly waiting until Tirerack has them back online on 8/12 because they are listed at $30/each cheaper than Allshocks. But don't tell anyone because I don't want them to sell out before I get my set. Shhhhh!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                2 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X