rear suspension issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear suspension issues

I have a 96 camaro v6, I have bmr tubular upper and lower control arms in the front, with KYB agx adjustable shocks and strano springs in the front. Front rides awesome. The rear, however, I've had issues with since I bought the car 2 years ago. The rear end has bad body roll on cornering, and I can literally push each rear side down to the bump stop. I put the strano 1.5" springs on front and back, which are supposed to be double the spring rate, same problem. Replaced the shocks with the cheap Monroe stiffer ones, same problem no difference. I have a set of KYB agx adjustables on the way for the rear, and just noticed someone has removed the rear stabilizer bar completely. I have one on the way now with install kit. My question is: can I expect the new shocks and sway bar to fix my problem, or should I be looking at something else? Factory rear spring rate is something like 94 lbs. Per inch, strano rears are supposed to be 200 lbs. Per inch.

Re: rear suspension issues

Not having a rear sway bar will cause a lot body roll. It's sole duty is to prevent the body from rolling while turning, hense it's "official" name: Anti-Roll Bar. That may also help your concerns with being able to push either rear corner down to the bump stops. The sway bar will try to resist one side dipping more than the other. Hope that makes sense and helps.
    aka FreedStyle
    Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
    2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

If you didn't have a rear sway bar on then I would assume that would be your problem. You'll notice a big improvement.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Make sure you match your front and rear sway bars if you want proper handling, eg: 35/25 32/21 30/19.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          2 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X