Please help ID my leak! Steering gear related? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help ID my leak! Steering gear related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help ID my leak! Steering gear related?

Hi all, leaky 98 firebird here! Please see attached pics. There's a crack that appears to be the source of the leak but I'm not sure if that's just the dust cover that attaches the universal joint to the steering gear. Is my leak coming from somewhere I'm not seeing yet? I'm wondering if I'm looking at a whole rack and pinion replacement?

Any and all help/info greatly appreciated!

Re: Please help ID my leak! Steering gear related?

found it! it's a hose, squirts whenever the wheel is turned hard left or hard right. just have to figure out the part number

(it's the black hose on the left side of the bottom pic, and at about 11:00 in the middle pic)
    Last edited by misterj; 11-12-2014, 04:04 PM. Reason: realized the hose is in the pics from earlier

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
      Hello everyone!
      by Andy H
      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
      3 weeks ago
    • 3.4 slow to go
      hey there strangers!
      by 3.4 slow to go
      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X