Tech tip on the Rear Lower Control Arm (Inserts). - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tech tip on the Rear Lower Control Arm (Inserts).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech tip on the Rear Lower Control Arm (Inserts).

I found out today that the inserts for the '64-'72 GM A-Body (Chevelle/SS; LeMans/Tempest/GTO; Cutlass/F-85/442; Skylark/Special/GS) on the lower rear control arms will also fit the '82-'02 F-Body. Just that if you only use your car as a daily driver, and don't need any fancy arms, this is a MUCH cheaper alternative.

Now, if I find an insert for the panhard bar.

:banana:
    Last edited by SteveGB21; 11-10-2014, 09:19 PM. Reason: Forgot to add on & title change.

Re: Tech tip on the Rear Lower Control Arm (Inserts).

You mean these?

http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/suspe...a-bracing.html

http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/suspe...r-control.html

http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/suspe...tock-lcas.html
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

The ones.

Firebird GT,

I couldn't access the links, since I don't have an account setup with 3rd Gen F-Bodies. But, here's a pic.
      Attached Files

Comment

Re: Tech tip on the Rear Lower Control Arm (Inserts).

Those are not the reinforcements that came on the 3rd Gen Z28 - which is the same LCA as ours.
        Last edited by FirebirdGT; 11-11-2014, 10:01 AM.
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

An explanation.

Firebird GT,

These are for the '64-'72 GM A-Body (Chevelle/SS; LeMans/Tempest/GTO; Cutlass/F-85/442, and the Skylark/Special/GS). Pretty sure you've heard of these cars. I also own a 1970 Pontiac LeMans, and I bought these inserts first for the LeMans, and then for the 2002 Pontiac Firebird, and trial fitted them. They do fit. I also noticed the rear lower control arms have holes, since the '64-'72 A Body have the sway bar on the rear lower control arms. Same with the '69-'72 G Body, as well as the '73-'77 A & G Bodies, and the '78-'87 G Bodies/'78-'84 A Bodies. A tech tip that I only knew one side on, but not on that car. Hope this helps.
          Last edited by SteveGB21; 11-11-2014, 10:03 AM. Reason: Forgot to add.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            3 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X