Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1LE Bushing front control arms

question,

There is a difference between the base front upper and lower control arms and 1LE ones.
    Is it just the bushings, or is it the complete arms.
    If it's only the bushings, has someone partnumbers for these 1LE bushings ?

Re: 1LE Bushing front control arms

Only the bushings.

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=10&ModelID=2

Last edited by FirebirdGT; 04-14-2012, 11:29 PM.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

thanks Firebird GT,

Are these the right ones ?
      The SS ones are the same as the base ones ?

Front lower:

Front up:

SS (1LE):

V6:

Comment

Looks to be right, I have Moogs on my lower A arms.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

The Moog K6490 front lower control arms bushings are NOT solid rubber 1LE bushings.

Last edited by FirebirdGT; 04-14-2012, 11:30 PM.

Raven

Comment

The PNs for the 1LE front lower control arm bushings are: 22145392 and 22156434. Those parts are now discontinued.

Moog sells the same parts as a set. Order PN K6490.

Typically, the rear bushings on the front lower arms will not last very long. I've had two sets of them in my 01. The first set went little over 49,000 miles and were totally wasted. I replaced them with Moog 6490z. I still have the two 1LE (FE7) front bushings in my front lower arms and they've been in service for about 55,000 miles and show little wear.
            Last edited by FirebirdGT; 04-14-2012, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hib Halverson View Post
              The PNs for the 1LE front lower control arm bushings are: 22145392 and 22156434. Those parts are now discontinued.

Moog sells the same parts as a set. Order PN K6490.

Typically, the rear bushings on the front lower arms will not last very long. I've had two sets of them in my 01. The first set went little over 49,000 miles and were totally wasted. I replaced them with Moog 6490z. I still have the two 1LE (FE7) front bushings in my front lower arms and they've been in service for about 55,000 miles and show little wear.
              I ordered a pair of 1LE (FE7) GM p/n 22156434 bushings. They appear to be more solid - still have slots but different than the Moog K6490 bushing. Rubber is harder. Here's a potential issue - the parts bag is p/n 22156434 (dated 2007), but the p/n molded into the bushing is 22156346 !

Last edited by FirebirdGT; 04-16-2012, 09:42 PM.

Raven

Comment

How did you figure out they needed to be replaced...was in wondering on the road, vibration...steering response?
                Phil

Comment

If you get a alignment they check the bushings by pulling on the wheel to see if it has movement, I forget what clock they pull it like 10 and 2 oclock.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

6&12 for ball joints, 9&3 for tie rods. I do it all day long... also jack it up by the chassis, get ~1" between the tire and the ground, grab a pry bar and pry the wheel up like a bump would. If there's something loose you'll feel it.

Comment

If you have bad bushings how does it show up...react in the steering of the car?
                      Phil

Comment

Clunking up front, bad alignment or won't hold alignment, it'll walk really bad back and forth even on narrow tires. Mine were shot at 130K.

Comment

Found out upon professional inspection that mine were just fine and my steering rack
                          has a loose part that was tightened and now everything seems to be fine at no $$ cost.
                          Phil

Comment

I'm glad it was something simple.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6 View Post
                              How did you figure out they needed to be replaced...was in wondering on the road, vibration...steering response?
                              I know I'm late to reply and your problem ended up the steering rack but, in the case of the front, lower, rear bushings, mine had visible cracks which made it obvious the bushing was failing/had failed.

The front, lower, front bushing was fine.

The Moogs I used looked just like the failed 1LE bushings I removed. Of course, appearance dosen't mean I'm 100% sure the Moog replacement is a 1LE, but it's some evidence. I suppose you'd have to dig deep into the issue at Moog to find the final answer.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X