No announcement yet.

Double din for my 1996 Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This going to be on hold until I figure out my brakes. Got the bezel looks correct.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 01-06-2020, 05:21 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Does it look like it is going to require any trimming?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
        Does it look like it is going to require any trimming?
        The bezel, no it’s opened up to fit a double din pretty nice actually, I’ll get to it after my brakes, damm their being a pain. Mechanic is coming this weekend so hopefully they’ll be done.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Start a new thread for the brakes - what's going on with them?

Comment

Already have a thread, 98+ brake upgrade.

Comment

Not doing the double din until March probably, waiting on better weather. Here’s a pic of the bezel which is pretty nice.
              Attached Files

Comment

That looks clean. I can't wait to see that installed on the 96. Let us know any hiccups you face too, I really wanted to do this when I had my 1996. The 1998+ is a much easier transition into installing one.

Comment

Project still on hold, bought another 6th gen IPod. Also still waiting on better weather. Maybe April or May. Still doing other projects.

Comment

Got the Kenwood double din, I’ll get started on it as soon as it arrives, probably get the tq arm fixed before though and my Camaro needs a alignment also.

Comment

Which Kenwood did you end up settling on? And what's going on with the torque arm?

Comment

Which Kenwood did you end up settling on? And what's going on with the torque arm?
                        It’s a cheaper Kenwood but should work, I’ll post the model #. Tq arm rather the post it mounts to are bent down a couple of inches, happened about 10 years ago. going through a car wash had lowering springs on the rear so it was pretty low. Got caught coming out on the cement. So gunned it and apparently it got caught on the tq arm and bent the 2 mounting spots on the car, it’s a UMI tunnel mount. Did nothing to the tq arm.

Comment

KENWOOD DDX276BT TOUCHSCREEN
                          The seller gave me $50 off so got it for $150. For the tq arm the mechanic said he could cut the mounts off and reweld them flat again. Just trying to fix all the stuff on the Camaro.

Comment

Got the deck today going to start tomorrow and hopefully have it finished Thursday. Have other stuff to do Wednesday.

Comment

I want to see pics of the install as you get it done!

Comment

I want to see pics of the install as you get it done!
                                Yeah, I’ll post some pics. Didn’t get to it today, brother came up, so probably Thursday.
                                Last edited by ssms5411; 06-09-2020, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X