Sundown audio subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sundown audio subs

Anyone heard of them, was going to get to 10s dual 4 ohm for my truck. Currently have 2 JL w3s and they dont sound good in my opinion. Looking for more deep bass, powered by PPI 1800 rms amp in mono. Their in a sealed box firing down under the back seat.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Have you tried changing the box volume? I found the sony’s I used to have sounded terrible in store bought boxes, but when I built myself a custom box out of mdf to proper volume size they hit hard... I’ve never heard of sundown audio subs. Do you have the chance to test them out in store?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

The box I bought is mdf and its a tight spot under the back seat so I don't think I can do anything better for the box. I used polyfil to try and get them to sound louder. No I can't hear them in the store since noone carries them, just some YouTube videos ive seen. I might wait a couple of more months. Was looking at kicker solobarics l7's too but with them I would have to modify the box.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

It's going to be a no go on the Sundown subs, didn't get good reviews for a small sealed box. And the ones that did are discontinued. Ill stick with name brands , might go with Kicker solo barics in the future. Oh the ones I looked at were the SA series.
        Last edited by ssms5411; 04-24-2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

So Im getting the kicker solo barics L7 10s, ordered the spacer rings. Will post back when I get it altogether and working.

Comment

Got the Kicker solo barics in, its alittle better I’ll try it for acouple of weeks,

Comment

So switching back the JLw3s , they sound better in a small box. Going to give the Kickers to a friend.
              Last edited by ssms5411; 10-23-2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Did you try playing with your crossovers to tune them a little better?

Comment

Yes, have a eq on the headunit.

Comment

What about using the settings on your amp?

Comment

No settings on the sub amp , it’s just a mono bass amp. The JLs just sound better in a small box.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                        Had to get another phone
                        by ssms5411
                        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                        1 week ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Leaking front cover
                        by ssms5411
                        So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • transamtom1
                        Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                        by transamtom1
                        Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X