20 farad cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 farad cap

Anyone running caps, I have about 2000 rms that Im running, been awhile since I got into my system, just don't want the lights to dim at night. I can get a 20 farad cap for $75.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Went ahead and got a planet audio 20 farad cap , installed it yesterday but the display doesn’t work. Have a email to the seller. Did the wiring to the instructions, even the resistor charging. Anyone have any experience in these?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Finally got ahold of tech support, said its defective. But my bad didn’t have a good remote wire , It’s working.lol
      Last edited by ssms5411; 02-28-2020, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Well the cap did basically nothing still dimming pretty bad, this is on 2 amps , Hifonics 2000 rms Brutus amp with 2 Alpine type Xs , and a. 1600 rms Hifonics 4 channel Brutus amp which just powers the highs,2 kicker tweeters, 2 6 1/2 front and 2 6x9 alpines in the rear. Also have a Optima yellow top , so no idea, might go back to a 200-250 amp alternator.

Comment

have you done the big 3 wiring mod on your car yet?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
            have you done the big 3 wiring mod on your car yet?
            Oh yes, long time ago, use to run 2 optimas was alot better , might try that later on.

Comment

My truck has a system also but I run 2 batteries on it and it’s not too bad.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to get another phone
                by ssms5411
                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                1 week ago
              • ssms5411
                Leaking front cover
                by ssms5411
                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                2 weeks ago
              • transamtom1
                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                by transamtom1
                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X