Time for speakers, lots of choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for speakers, lots of choices

'95 base bird, & I have a noisy 6.5 door speaker.
    I just did a driver's window motor so I have things pretty well figured out.
    The plan is for 2 door speakers & maybe the two in back?
    Volume is not quite the concern that it was when my '69 bird was a daily driver but sound quality still is. It looks like I can spend $30-100 a pair but they gotta just bolt in.
    I did a search for the Alpine 170A but it looks like they have been superseded? What is a god bang for the buck these days?

Re: Time for speakers, lots of choices

I just did my system in my truck and used JL Audio 2 way speakers in front and back with a PPI 4 channel amp with about 100 rms to each and they are great. I have Alpine type R's in my Camaro and the JL Audio's is very cleaner in sound. They were about $120 a pair on ebay. Their actually listed as 6.50"-6.75" so they should fit the F-body.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I too have Alpine Type Rs in my Camaro. Can't beat them for price/quality as far as I'm concerned.

You get what you pay for in terms of car audio.
      In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
      2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

You want good sound, you pay for good sound... I run amped focal components front and rear.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          3 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X