Thoughts on 2 different sound system packages - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on 2 different sound system packages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on 2 different sound system packages

Basically like the title say. Opinions on these two sound systems. Id like to maybe put one in during the winter
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/310755570424...84.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310765826006...84.m1423.l2649

Re: Thoughts on 2 different sound system packages

Too expensive I bought my side sub for $45 shipped

Comment

Originally posted by alex553 View Post
      Too expensive I bought my side sub for $45 shipped
      I need the whole package though.
      I know kicker is a good brand but I know nothing about the boss brand.

Comment

They're both garbage for the money. Get a box from somewhere, Subthump makes good ones. You can get a much better sub than a Kicker CVR.

Comment

what is a good sub/amp combo to get. I don't know a lot about subs

Comment

JL makes good ones, but you pay for it. Alpine type R 10s are pretty good. Personally, I love everything Rockford. Aside from door speakers. My plan since I'm selling my huge 1900w rms amp, and opting for a stealth 10 and smaller amp, I'm going to get a Rockford P2/3 10 and a Punch/Power amp to power it. Or depending on sales etc a JL W3/W6. Sound system stuff, almost always, you get what you pay for.

Comment

I have Alpine type X's their pretty loud.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

TBH those two you posted are expensive junk.

You get what you pay for in just about anything, car audio is no exception. If you want good sound you have to spend some money. I've bought all of my stuff on different boxing days. Sales do happen you just have to watch for them. I have an Alpine type R- 12 in the Camaro and it's too loud for what I need. I turn it down really low most of the time, I don't need to shake the car next to me.

Are you looking to bump? or just a sub to compliment the system? Big difference between the two.
                In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  10 hours ago
                • ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  1 week ago
                • ssms5411
                  Leaking front cover
                  by ssms5411
                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                  2 weeks ago
                • transamtom1
                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                  by transamtom1
                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X