tune required when switching injectors? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tune required when switching injectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tune required when switching injectors?

If i replace my stock injectors with GTP injectors, will i have to get a tune for the car to run properly? obviously tunes are optimal, but is it a requirement for everything to run smoothly with an injector swap. thanks

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Re: tune required when switching injectors?

yes you should get it tuned for them, even with the sc it is not going to like the extra fuel until you tune it
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Yeah definitely. My car ran absolutely crazy when I put in 42.5lb injectors in with no tune. Sounded like it was cammed and ran really rough. Never ran it for more than 5 seconds like that though.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

thanks guys, ill get her tuned as soon as i get the injectors on then. also, do you know what pound rating GTP injectors are? like 32lbs or something? and what are stockers? something sad like under 20lbs?

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

gtp's are said to be 36# but depending on fuel psi it is 33#.

Our stockers are 22#
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

do you think GTP injectors are the way to go if i want to make 12psi? ive been told i should just go with 42lb injectors.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X