P0240 Comes off and on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P0240 Comes off and on

Hey guys, I'm getting the code p0420 that I've had checked from autozone a couple of times. I've had a cat replaced within the last year; It says that the code could be from either my cat or o2 sensors, but why does it come off for a week then come back on for a couple of days, then go back off? odd.. since it's nothing serious should I just get my emissions tested while it's off :rolleyes:
    Last edited by jkelley; 07-20-2008, 12:53 PM.

Re: P0240 Comes off and on

Originally posted by brianc869
    Do you mean P0420, catalyst inefficiency? Just curious.
    yes exactly what i mean.. sorry for that typo

Comment

anyone know?

Comment

Same code mine popped while I was still running the stock exhaust. New Cat and Magnaflow on, erased the code and it popped again, so I'm guessing mine is an O2 sensor, just don't know which one (hope someone here does). Mine just stays on all the time though, so wouldn't know about that.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2182744\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2182744</a> <br /><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">I\'ll procrastinate later...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Wrong section, moving.
          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            3 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X