Exhaust temp tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust temp tuning

I heard you can tune using your exhaust temperatures? How does that work? Analyzing burn stoich, or maybe comparing the cylinders against each other? anybody done this?

Re: Exhaust temp tuning

oh jeese... What do you think 02 sensors do? A wideband is just more accurate. They detect heat. The hotter it is, the leaner it is.. the cooler it is, the richer it is.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
      oh jeese... What do you think 02 sensors do? A wideband is just more accurate. They detect heat. The hotter it is, the leaner it is.. the cooler it is, the richer it is.
      are you serious? I somehow thought O2 sensors were a little more complicated. So...O2 sensors are basically just a resistor.

I knew the bit about temperature-->mix.

Lol. Well I guess I'm getting a thermometer.

Comment

Originally posted by zpwn06 View Post
        are you serious? I somehow thought O2 sensors were a little more complicated. So...O2 sensors are basically just a resistor.

I knew the bit about temperature-->mix.

Lol. Well I guess I'm getting a thermometer.
        lmao well at least that's how it's been explained to me.. And the MAF is a thermometer pretty much too. It reads incoming air by how much voltage it takes to keep it at a certain temp cause the incoming air cools that little wire. At least, that's how it's been explained to me.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Seriously, google. An O2 sensor detects oxygen. That's why they don't call it an EGT 9exhaust gas temperature) sensor. :spank:

On the other hand, your description of the MAF sensor is pretty close, though there's some additional stuff in there to compensate for things like ambient air temperature.
          Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
          Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Originally posted by zlexiss View Post
            Seriously, google. An O2 sensor detects oxygen. That's why they don't call it an EGT 9exhaust gas temperature) sensor. :spank:

On the other hand, your description of the MAF sensor is pretty close, though there's some additional stuff in there to compensate for things like ambient air temperature.
            Well it made enough sense to me to believe it but yeah you make it sound like duh :D Ambient air temp would be detected by the IAT though right? Anyways, the guy that explained that stuff to me was an old carb engine kinda guy.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X