Time to Tune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to Tune.

So I've finally got a good turbo in the car and it's all up and running but Crap. I have to start tuning and I don't even know where to start. Besides injectors which I'm not even sure I've tuned those in right. This is hard stuff for a noob.
    The problem I'm having is that the car doesn't idle very well. It's almost as if you pulled off the brake booster line but the rpms go up and down in longer slower intervals.
    Is the injector table suppose to be flat or ramped? I thought that manifold referenced fuel pressure regulators were suppose to be flat and non referenced are suppose to be ramped. I saw a whole thread on HP tuners forum about that. For some reason I ramped my injector table. Yeah I dunno wtf i'm doin yet.

Oh and.. in a 98 is there suppose to be a Injector pulse width average for bank 2 in the scanner? Theres one in my 02 scan but eh maybe I messed the config file up.
    Last edited by Blizzard242; 06-23-2008, 10:35 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Re: Time to Tune.

I would invest in a wideband, if you don't already have one. For the injector pulse width mine are around 2.5 at idle. Download some of the bin. files on Hptuners and check them out. Viper's write up is the way to go using in the fuel section click PE I think it is and it has a youor ECT vs time or A/F and your can set it whatever you want your WOT to be, he has the best write up I've seen so far. Good luck , its not that hard to tune once you start doing it.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah I've got a wideband. But what's kind worrying me is if there are suppose to be any readings from the injector pulse width bank 2. Bank 1 is bouncin how it looks like it should but theres absolutely nothing in bank 2. I'll be playing around with this some more when I get a new power chord for my laptop. Just broke it an hour ago..

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I would wait until your cord is fixed and everything is working, then monitor it. You can always send your scans to me if you want along with the current tune, I'll take a look at it for ya. ssms17607@msn.com
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I sent them. Like I said in the email, I have an idea why it's acting up. I'll get a chance to mess with it when my gf gets here with her laptop. Hopefully what I'm thinking is correct and I'm not really lost before I even get started.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Well I solved the crazy idle problem. It was so dumb. It just hit me out of no where. During some of the work I took out the MAF screen so I wouldn't damage it. Yeah I never put it back in. Didn't even think it would make that huge of a difference. Oh how wrong was I. It idles absolutely fine now and now I'm not paranoid of a vacuum leak or that half the injectors aren't working right. All because of that damn little air straightening screen.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
              Well I solved the crazy idle problem. It was so dumb. It just hit me out of no where. During some of the work I took out the MAF screen so I wouldn't damage it. Yeah I never put it back in. Didn't even think it would make that huge of a difference. Oh how wrong was I. It idles absolutely fine now and now I'm not paranoid of a vacuum leak or that half the injectors aren't working right. All because of that damn little air straightening screen.
              haha this is a great example of why people shouldn't take it off. "But it restricts airflow." Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by zpwn06 View Post
                haha this is a great example of why people shouldn't take it off. "But it restricts airflow." Nope.
                Yeah and I wasn't even worried about it restricting flow since I'm FI now. :banana:

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  3 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X