Low Oil light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Oil light

Hey my low oil light keeps comming glowing on my 94' Camaro....Where i sthe sensor because eventhough I know there is oil in the car and it has an oil leak. The light will coem on every other time I crank up the car, and another thing how much would that sensor run me about?

Re: Low Oil light

The oil sensor is on the oil pan which is under the car. The sensor should be on the left side of the oil pan (under the driver side). Autozone has them for about $35, I went to junk yard and got mine for free and it worked fine. But the car I took it off was in a car accident.

Comment

^ easy fix.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

my low oil light has been on since i bought my car. i've just learned to ignore it and check the oil every week or so

Comment

That's another way to do it. But if you want that light to go away check your oil level sensor. It is a easy fix it takes less than 1hr to do it. Just jack up the car grab a wrench and take that sensor out and buy another one and put it in. It is really easy. The only problem you may have is taking the wire off from the sensor. either than that it would be easy.

Comment

when i got my firebird the low oil light would just stay on even though the oil level was fine. turns out the sensor in the side of the oil pan was unplugged. so i spayed it out with some sensor cleaner, plugged it in and it was fine. chances are it's just got gunk on it or came unplugged. just check under your car like insaneABOT said the oil level sensor is on the driver's side of the oil pan

Comment

don't use insane. Bird you can call me ABOT, I just use the insaneABOT because of my gaming clan. That is my gamer tag, you can call me ABOT.

Comment

haha alright ABOT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  2 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X