failed inspection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• failed inspection

went to go get my car inspected today and got a systems not ready rejection. the guy inspecting it said since my car is a 97 i am allowed to fail 2 out of the 11 readiness monitors. i failed catalyst, 02 sensor heater, and EGR system. if i can get one of those to go away, i can pass. any idea on what to do? My SES light is not on.. and i dont know what if anything i can do in hptuners to help me out. thanks guys!
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Re: failed inspection

Does selecting "Error not reported" for those systems codes not help, or is that what made it fail? Only one I can think of off hand to fix is maybe the EGR. Just set the temperature so high, it never comes on.
    '99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0 - 4300K HID, Some Bolt-ons
    '97 RS - HPTuner, Bolt-ons
    '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

why don't u put a catalyst dummy

Comment

If you have HP tuners go into DTC's and click on the ones you want deleted to no error reported and it will not come up on any scan they do. I have no cat, egr, and evap all deleted and it passes everytime, because all they do with mine is plug their scanner in to see if there are any codes.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319 View Post
          My SES light is not on.. and i dont know what if anything i can do in hptuners to help me out.
          There is a function in HPTuners you can try.

Click the "Engine Diagnostics" tab, then in the new window that pops up, go over to the "DTC" button. Once there, find all the codes that are giving you problems, and in the "Error Mode" column, click down to "3 - No error reported," then reflash your PCM

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous Z View Post
            why don't u put a catalyst dummy

what?!
            Dave:
            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              If you have HP tuners go into DTC's and click on the ones you want deleted to no error reported and it will not come up on any scan they do. I have no cat, egr, and evap all deleted and it passes everytime, because all they do with mine is plug their scanner in to see if there are any codes.

thanks i will try this. i am pretty sure all the ones i have turned off already say 3-no error reported.. but oh well. ill double check.

thanks also smoke panther.
              Dave:
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

doesnt just driving around fix that problem? have you had the battery dissconnected recently? or the pcm flashed?

i went to get my car inspected and my pcm wasnt "ready" because i was working on the car that night with the battery dissconnected. told me to come back after i drive around for ~50 miles. Came back and passed
                Last edited by Meatyshells; 06-13-2008, 10:45 PM.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

^^ yes, i guess it just needed more time. haha.
                  Dave:
                  97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

I'm surprised that you passed the under hood inspection. Maybe it's because your in Carolina. The smog inspections maybe different from California standards.

Comment

Originally posted by insaneABOT View Post
                      I'm surprised that you passed the under hood inspection. Maybe it's because your in Carolina. The smog inspections maybe different from California standards.
                      California SUCKS!!!

I Can't even pass visual. I have to look around for a tech that would.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

you don't have a catalyst right

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous Z View Post
                          you don't have a catalyst right
                          Not necessarily true. You can have a cat, and set off catalyst codes if you have a larger-than-stock exhaust piping

which, coincidentally, a turbocharged car probably would have :rolleyes:

Comment

under hood inspection? wtf

in mass we dont have that

Comment

Cali does suck my car is all stock and still I could not pass the inspection guy told me that the car was to rich at idle and that would not let my car pass the smog inspection. So if I ever want to go turbo I know for a fact I'm never going to pass smog. Unless I bribe the guy so he can pass it.
                              Last edited by insaneABOT; 06-14-2008, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                11 hours ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X