97 speed limiter removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 speed limiter removal

Well I flashed a spare A4 PCM I had with a M5 bin and it worked just fine but I also changed the limiter from 118 to 150 under the speed limiter tab. Is there something else I am suppose to change to up the limiter to 150 or should that work? The guy I sold to PCM to says he is still hitting the limiter at 118.

I emailed HP but haven't heard nothing yet, so if you have any ideas why it isn't changed, PLMK.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Did you have to have the dealer flash it with a 97' m5 vin# or did the Hptuners work as in changing the vin# and settings? I think when I did mine there were a couple of sections where you have to change the limiter. I'll look at mine and see.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I looked at mine and this is what I changed,

Spark Advance/ speed limiter vs. gear

Torque Mgmt/ Abuse & Diff. score abuse

Speedometer/ speed limiter disable 1 inj. and 2 inj.
      Speedometer/ speed limiter vs. gear

I think that is all , thats the ones I changed and I know mine is gone. On the dyno in 4th gear I hit 137 mph. Good luck
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I did a full rewrite myself with hp tuners. I looked at the Spark Advance/Spark Limiter vs. Gear and this is what it is set at:

1-60
        2-60
        3-95
        4-115
        5-116

So I have to change those numbers as well? I thought the speedometer/speed limiter vs. gear and speedmeter/speedlimiter disable 1 inj and 2 inj. were the only ones that needed to be changed.

So what numbers should I put in then for each gear in the Spark Advance/Spark Limiter vs. Gear screen for the limiter to be 150? Just the 5th gear one or change them all?
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I think I changed just the 4th and 5th gear. I think I put mine at 155.

Comment

you guys going make my type a write up for this to ?

Sparklimter speed Vs gear i change them all to 250

and

speedometer -> speedlimiter
            both injectors to 250
            Speed limiter button
            set all gears to 250 and resume at 245

www.turbov6camaro.com/images/speedo.JPG
            www.turbov6camaro.com
            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

you guys going make my type a write up for this to ?

Why not, you have every write up over there any how. Lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                2 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                2 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                Had to get another phone
                by ssms5411
                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X