Wide Band and Tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide Band and Tuning?

okay say you have a turbo or whatever, [img]smile.gif[/img] , anyway and you need to lean out richen, fuel curve. Will the hp tuners or dhp tuning thing let you read the whole fuel curve or actually i guess i mean the car. I am unclear on that part of tuning. Do you need a wideband and a hp tuner? Also how expensive are widebands and where do you get them?

Thanks, Cam.
    Red 98 A4 Firebird<br />..its pretty..<br />- - - - - - - - - <br />6 Infinity 3-way speakers with Alpine deck and 720 watt Kenwood amp..

Both tuners will do it, but you'll need a wideband O2 sensor to do it correctly. The cheapest one available now is probably the LC-1: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

oh great, this is confusing. So would you guys recommend hp tunners plus a wideband? Can the wideband tune the fuel curve or just read it? If i am adding a turbo but low on money for a few more months after this what would you recommend?

also i am lookin at the stuff.. Whats like good, i dont need perfection but i dont wanna get something crappy.
      Red 98 A4 Firebird<br />..its pretty..<br />- - - - - - - - - <br />6 Infinity 3-way speakers with Alpine deck and 720 watt Kenwood amp..

Comment

The wideband only reads the Air Fuel ratio. From there you make changes through HP Tuners or DHP. You'll have to get the input/output version of the tuner to be able to import the wideband data, which will cost about $100 over the price of the regular tuner.
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          2 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X