tossing dbw for dbc throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tossing dbw for dbc throttle

so for my 2000, i really want to toss the dbw tb. tired of having zero throttle options because nothing is compatible ... so i have a cable driven tb from a front wheel drive car that has the tps and idleair on the tb, so no need for a manifold change. im getting a 98 harness that has the connectors for the earlier sensors. Will i also need a 98 pcm ? or will the older harness and sensors work with the newer pcm ?

Sounds good, how’s the car coming?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yes - you will need a new PCM - the 98 should work for the engine since you are replacing the entire harness - BUT may not work on the in-car due to different pinouts on the 98 vs 2000 PCM to drive the dash cluster.

Do you have the wiring diagrams?
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

i dont have wiring diagrams.. i figured in that case, id get a cluster from a 98 as well. they run pretty cheap on marketplace

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Sounds good, how’s the car coming?
          Very slow, kids and family take most of all my spare time. I did order my turbo today though. Nothing crazy, just the hotside kit that's been on sale on ebay for forever. I know they're not the greatest kits out there , but I'm only looking for 7 - 10lbs at most.. that and they brought the price down to $570 bucks ...

Comment

Originally posted by mdiesel View Post

Very slow, kids and family take most of all my spare time. I did order my turbo today though. Nothing crazy, just the hotside kit that's been on sale on ebay for forever. I know they're not the greatest kits out there , but I'm only looking for 7 - 10lbs at most.. that and they brought the price down to $570 bucks ...
            Yeah I think I got my kit around there. Just used the piping gave the rest of the kit away. Took me about 10 years to do the turbo,lol Was just going to have the hot side made for $1500 before the eBay kit came out.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to get another phone
              by ssms5411
              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
              1 week ago
            • ssms5411
              Leaking front cover
              by ssms5411
              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
              2 weeks ago
            • transamtom1
              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
              by transamtom1
              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X