Obd1 continously flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obd1 continously flashing

Hi guys, I'm trying to help a fellow fbody v6 owner who has a 93 bird with an obd1 and has a ses light on. Once the scanner is plugged in the light continously flashes, instead of it giving a specific code or codes. I wonder if this is something serious.

Don’t really know too much about OBD1 but on OBD2 it means bad misfire and need to get serviced immediately.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Hey Steve, I have a feeling it might be a misfire, but the car doesn't sound like it. It could be cat related.

Comment

Yes Cat related also , means get serviced ASAP.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Isn’t there specific scanners for obd I computers? Is yours compatible?

does the light flash with the scanner not plugged in? Are all the ground wires good in the car and to the port?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Have you tried reading the code like this instead of through your scanner?

https://www.obd-codes.com/faq/read-g...codes-free.php

the link in there has the trouble codes patterns as well

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Yeah, obd1 usually gives out the code in 2 digit numbers once you plug in the scanner. I had an 86 fiero. So I was familiar with it, but this guy's bird just continuously flashes without codes. So I figured this is way more serious.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X