• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Starter.PNG
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	1576552
    Do we know what is actually different among them? I find it really weird there is different part numbers like that when the setup appears to be the same. Must be some kinda difference?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I don’t think there’s a difference I’m using a 2002 A4 tranny on my 1996 Camaro. Before that after I blew my 1996 M5 tranny it was replaced with a 2002 M5 tranny. Never switched starters or anything.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        I don’t think there’s a difference I’m using a 2002 A4 tranny on my 1996 Camaro. Before that after I blew my 1996 M5 tranny it was replaced with a 2002 M5 tranny. Never switched starters or anything.
        That's why I am confused on the difference in part numbers...

On a side note - have you investigated it possibly being the ignition switch?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

You ever figure this out Edgar?
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Hey Steve, yeah I'm 80 percent sure it's the starter. Anyway I ordered it from ebay and it just came 2 days ago. I didn't want to go to autozone and buy one of theirs and then give them my core. I wanted to see if I could salvage this OEM by replacing the solenoid.

And yesterday I bought a low profile jack. I left most of my tools in California with my brother. So it's like starting again. Now I just have to find the time and do this.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice, jacks are always good to have , good luck on the install.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to get another phone
                by ssms5411
                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                1 week ago
              • ssms5411
                Leaking front cover
                by ssms5411
                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                2 weeks ago
              • transamtom1
                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                by transamtom1
                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X