X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
    Looked it up 221 for low and 230 for high.
    Thanks. Steve

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Looked it up 221 for low and 230 for high.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post

I didn't know those were the settings. Thanks Steve.
    No problem, yeah their pretty high, I can get the exact temperature if you want it, just need to grab my laptop and look at a stock hptuners file.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Yes, Mike, I'm going to do the most obvious ones first. It's been a long time since I've top off my coolant and replaced the stat. I'll also replace the CTS.

I'll try and see about jumping those terminals if these don't work.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Stock fan settings is like 220 temp for low and 230-235 for high, so I would let it warm up some more.
    I didn't know those were the settings. Thanks Steve.

Leave a comment:

• LETZRIDE
    replied
    Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
    Well, I looked at it again. The fans do come on when I turn on the AC. So that means no problem on the low end and I guess relay #1 is good then.

it took about 13 mins for for the temp to reach 210*. The fans did not turn on. I gave it a couple more mins and it reached 215 and still no fans. So I guess this is definitely my problem.

I'm going to pepboys and see if I could rent their ohm meter and play around with those relays. First time I've done this.
    So the fans came on with the relays in or with the terminal jumped?

If the relays were installed and it worked than your culprit is not likely the relays.

I would be looking for proper coolant level, making sure the system was bled properly, looking at possible belt slip that may cause the wp not to work as it should? A stuck or faulty thermostat?

Have all of those been ruled out?

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Stock fan settings is like 220 temp for low and 230-235 for high, so I would let it warm up some more.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Well, I looked at it again. The fans do come on when I turn on the AC. So that means no problem on the low end and I guess relay #1 is good then.

it took about 13 mins for for the temp to reach 210*. The fans did not turn on. I gave it a couple more mins and it reached 215 and still no fans. So I guess this is definitely my problem.

I'm going to pepboys and see if I could rent their ohm meter and play around with those relays. First time I've done this.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Thanks guys. I didn't get a chance to check it out today. I got too busy. Hopefully tomorrow.

I would really appreciate it Mike.

Leave a comment:

• FirebirdGT
    replied
    Fans relays "close" through grounding via the PCM.

Leave a comment:

• LETZRIDE
    replied
    This is the wiring diagram for the fan relays: http://shbox.com/1/fan_schematic_1995.jpg

Essentially the relay is a switch. You have to close the switch to bypass it. I will need to take a look under my hood if I get a chance tommorrow and pull my relays to be able to tell you exactly how to do it. When I did it I just took a wire and pushed it in two ports where I had removed the relay to close the circuit.

You could try testing the relay itself by pulling it and jumping power to it from the battery. You will here it snap closed when you apply power to it. This will tell you if you have a bad relay. The diagram for the relays is located on the side of each relay

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
    Have you tried jumping the relays?

I wonder if the coolant you smelt was overflow?
    Not sure if it was overflow.

how do I jump those relays. I think that there are 3 relays to this.

tomorrow I'll check it out and see if the temp rises fast at idling. I've already ordered the stat from intense racing.

Leave a comment:

• 2.8 Bird
    replied
    Turn the A/C on, and see if the fans kick on. Should come on low at least , for high I don't know, I use my fan switch to test mine or Hptuners.
    Yes, it turns on for the AC. I wish I have hptuner or even hypertech that can help me set the fan to turn on at a certain temp. I read somewhere that the 160 stat can also mess up the fan settings, but I thought that for 2000 and up.

How do I set it up for a fan switch. The previous owner of the fiero I used to own did that.

Leave a comment:

• LETZRIDE
    replied
    Have you tried jumping the relays?

I wonder if the coolant you smelt was overflow?

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Turn the A/C on, and see if the fans kick on. Should come on low at least , for high I don't know, I use my fan switch to test mine or Hptuners.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    3 weeks ago
  • 3.4 slow to go
    hey there strangers!
    by 3.4 slow to go
    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X