X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.8 Bird
    started a topic Engine overheated tonight

Engine overheated tonight

I was driving through a busy traffic and I noticed my temp went to 210 and as I continued through the stop and go traffic it went to 230 and then 250 and it got close to the max reading which was 260. Yes, I smelled coolant.

Now my 98 bird has only 32k mileage and I took the supercharger out awhile back so I could use the AC more. And I have a 160 stat on and I have it in there since 2007. I don't abuse this car at all. I drive it like an old man, which I am actually. So it can't be LIM gasket going out. All the hoses look good and radiator is full. Coolant elbows have been changed.

I just have a feeling that my fan didn't turn on. Is there a way to test that. Perhaps you guys can throw me some more ideas.

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    3 weeks ago
  • 3.4 slow to go
    hey there strangers!
    by 3.4 slow to go
    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X