ABS code reader for 1996 3.8 Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS code reader for 1996 3.8 Camaro

Anyone know of a good ABS code reader? I have the ABS inop light that comes on like every other start. See them on ebay but would like to know the good ones. Thanks
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

My mechanic friend has a abs reader, driving 75 miles one way to get it scanned, hopefully it works. Find out on the 16th of this month.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Did you see the one at harbor freight that was on sale the other day? I just saw it in my old emails now- no clue on if it is any good though:

Abs code reader harbor freight

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Thanks , yeah its a hit and miss on abs scanners , ill see Sunday if he can scan it with his, been checking out ebay but haven't found one that says it works on F-bodies.

Comment

Looks like they got that code reader for sale again for about $170 at harbor freight- I can post a screenshot of the flyer if anyone needs the code as I am on their email list for the friends/family stuff.

I don’t know if it is any good though

Comment

His code reader read it, some strange code, hes going to ask the chevy mechanics about it tomorrow and get back with me Hes a Kia mechanic mainly but theres also a chevy side.

Comment

What was the code?

Comment

C1254, something with a sensor with the abs module I think he said.

Comment

Camaro ran great, no problems for a 150 mile round trip. Its been awhile since Ive driven it that far. Kind of a relief it didn't have any problems. Ill post the scanner he used and model number when i hear back from him so others can get the same one since it works on f-bodies.
                  Last edited by ssms5411; 12-16-2018, 07:15 PM.

Comment

He used a Matco mps700 abs scanner, and hes giving me one for free, says he has a extra one. Sweet, because I told him I was going to buy one , their like $375.

Comment

Chevy mechanic said probably rear abs sensor, so I ordered a new one. Since mine is a 1996 with traction control is the sensor on the differential? I know it has one , and where at on the differential?

Comment

Yes 3 channel abs sensors are on the top of the differential

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                          Yes 3 channel abs sensors are on the top of the differential
                          Thanks Mike.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                            Had to get another phone
                            by ssms5411
                            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                            1 week ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Leaking front cover
                            by ssms5411
                            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • transamtom1
                            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                            by transamtom1
                            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X