Nearly sensorless Camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly sensorless Camaro?

Hey guys, I just joined this website today and i have a very weird idea that I want to know if it has ever been done before..
    I have a 1994 Camaro with the 3.4 V6 and an auto trans. My idea is this:

Remove as many of the sensors on the engine as possible. Leave the Cam sensor and remove everything else. Install a wideband O2 sensor for tuning purposes, and install an aftermarket throttle body that has an idle screw.
    I want to have an ignition system, like MSD, run off of the cam sensor, and then find a way to control the fuel injection, most likely also utilizing the cam sensor. I want to keep the direct fuel injection, but still nearly have the simplicity of a carburetor.

Its basically the same idea as having an engine with throttle body injection, but with multi port injection and no extra sensors. Does any of this make sense to you?
    Last edited by Crazyfingers_kc; 02-17-2016, 08:06 PM.

Re: Nearly sensorless Camaro?

No, lol install wideband and be done.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 02-18-2016, 08:37 AM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Why?

Didn't the hundreds of GM engineers who designed the system do a good enough job?

You could always just take the fuel injection right off and put a carbed manifold and a carb on it.

Why not pull the 3.4 and put a carbed Chev SB V8 in?

Comment

You need most of the sensors in order for the ecm to run the engine. If you want to tune the ecm you can go with cat tuner software.

Comment

I cant exactly fit a carb under the hood/cowl of the camaro unless i heavily modify it (and im not a metal fabricator)
          I just wondered if it was possible to do. Just trying to think outside the box and find a way to build power and tune my car without having to burn a new chip or install a piggyback ecu.

Comment

Internet troll.....
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X