help with PCM identification, 97 3.8 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with PCM identification, 97 3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with PCM identification, 97 3.8

Hey all, I have a 93 camaro, was rewired and had a 96 3.8 swapped in, with a 96 3.8 pcm. I am getting ready to perform a l67 top swap on this motor, and need a 1997 3.8 5 speed PCM. I know the part number I need is 16227797, but how do I determine if the pcm is 5spd or auto? Does it have something to do with the 4 digit code on the pcm after the part number? Trying to get one without having to have it flashed first... Would like to be able to swap it in, license it to hptuners and go... Not burn up 2 credits just transferring the VIN.

Re: help with PCM identification, 97 3.8

If you have Hptuners just get a 97' pcm and flash whatever bin. file you need either A4 or M5.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
      Hello everyone!
      by Andy H
      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
      2 weeks ago
    • 3.4 slow to go
      hey there strangers!
      by 3.4 slow to go
      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
      2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X