O-hale tuning gods. Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-hale tuning gods. Please help

I have a 2000 camaro series 3 3.8 full exhaust. Headers. Fully ported upper and lower intake as well as better heads.
    T5 world class
    4:56 rear gears.
    13.5 inch slicks

Ok.
    so I want to get it tuned. Timing increased. A lil more fuel. 6500 rpm limit. No speed limit. speedo adjustment.
    Is it possible to F*** with the fly by wire? I cannot beleive how laggy it is. Its astonishing. Compared to the cable counter part.

Annd is it possible for a Corvette tuning shop to do this?
    Or will they not have the equipment
    Last edited by z38camaro; 05-19-2014, 11:53 PM.

Re: O-hale tuning gods. Please help

You just need to ask the shop you take it to if they have Hptuners for a 2000 3.8 Camaro or ask them if they have Hptuners in their shop and they can add a license for $100 for your vin and unlimited for $200. As far as tuning your tire diameter must be way off with your gears and tire height, so your speedo must be way off. Since your motor is stock shifting at 6500 rpms is not a good idea, I don't think the stock valve springs will handle it either and the stock cam probably will choke shifting over 6000 rpms. I never messed with a electric throttle body but I know there are tables for throttle percent and what not so adjusting them might make it work better. On mine I have messed with the throttle percent vs. when the PE comes on at WOT or something like that would have to look at the tables again to double check.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 05-20-2014, 04:02 AM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by z38camaro View Post
      I have a 2000 camaro series 3 3.8 full exhaust. Headers. Fully ported upper and lower intake as well as better heads.
      T5 world class
      4:56 rear gears.
      13.5 inch slicks

Ok.
      so I want to get it tuned. Timing increased. A lil more fuel. 6500 rpm limit. No speed limit. speedo adjustment.
      Is it possible to F*** with the fly by wire? I cannot beleive how laggy it is. Its astonishing. Compared to the cable counter part.

Annd is it possible for a Corvette tuning shop to do this?
      Or will they not have the equipment
      13.5" wide? What in sweet marys name do you need that wide of a slick for? Sell those and buy 8" ones, that's more than enough until you are making over 500rwhp

If the vette shop uses Hp tuners they can tune your car, if not they cant.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

In addition to ported intakes, better heads, headers and exhaust, is your camshaft different? If so, lift and duration?

Comment

maybe it needs some TransX

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
            maybe it needs some TransX
            Classic
            Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
            Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
            Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
            Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
            Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

I actually miss the transX threads. LOL
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

well the OP is the originator of them. im actually curious as to why he can post, he was supposed to be permabanned on both of his cv6 accounts.

i may not be here as much but ole bib doesnt forget jack shiz lol.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                  well the OP is the originator of them. im actually curious as to why he can post, he was supposed to be permabanned on both of his cv6 accounts.

i may not be here as much but ole bib doesnt forget jack shiz lol.
                  ... you weren't even back for...a day

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                  1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

i still have the magic lol

Follow me!
                    Or this

Comment

Shift a t5 at 6500 rpms and plan on a rebuild been there too many times to count. You can get away with 5500 all day long though.They're good for 7500+ rpms if you leave it in gear. My motor rarely sees over 7500 so I don't know the limit there. I run 5.83 to 6.55 depending on the track (ford 9 inch rear 28 spline axles out of a gallexie] Rarely does the 9 inch give me any trouble, only when I hit the wall but axels are cheap and plentiful.

Comment

Find a shop that can tune the 3800 via HPTuners. With the 3800 PCM, you'll either leave some drivability on the table or some performance on the table. It's not a very good setup and HPTuners will not open up any more support for it, even if it is what got them started.

Because of this, we can't fiddle around with the drive by wire throttle like the throttle cracking tables (adjusts the rate/position opened based on throttle pedal position). You'll just have to adjust with the issue, throttle off just a smidge sooner, throttle on a little sooner. A good racer knows how to work around the weaknesses/idiosyncrasies of his equipment.

The big boys move on to other systems like Haltec, AEM, BigStuff, etc. etc.

To get more out of that T-5:
                        •Relocate the torque arm off the tailshaft.

•Get rid of two-piece or steel driveshaft.

•Either go dog ring style or run billet synchros to add survivability at 6000+rpm shifts.

•Do the drill mod to the master or run a Tick adjustable.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X