Programmable tuning for the 3.4's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programmable tuning for the 3.4's

I read that Tuner Cat has Programmable tuning kits for the 3.4 Camaro's, firebirds etc... and it's even cheaper than the Jet Chips...now doing my full research on it.
    Have any of you guys out there use it or tried it??

Re: Programmable tuning for the 3.4's

I'm gonna pick it up to try it on my Firebird. Theres some things I want to change now thats its got a 3400 in it.

Comment

I bought one for my turbo 3.4 camaro which I swapped over to a 3500. I installed 24 lb injectors and was able to tune it with the tuner cat software. There's a lot of options to mess with. I found that the vats delete does not work though. I was able to change the radiator fan on/off settings, tune in open and closed loop and increased idle rpm's. Right now I'm tuning for 48lb injectors but seems to be running too rich. I'm still learning how to use some of the other functions but would recommend the software.

Comment

Thats what I wanted to hear. Any way of deleting egr codes? I deleted it when I got the 3400 in the car.

Comment

I'm glad others are finding this software :) I was ganna use it for my bird when I had it

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

Comment

You shouldve kept both of the cars.

Comment

I probly should have.. would a been nice around now to take the maro off the road :P

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 96blackmaro View Post
                Thats what I wanted to hear. Any way of deleting egr codes? I deleted it when I got the 3400 in the car.
                I turned the egr off by increasing the turn on point/rpm's to the highest number.
                I would think this would delete the egr codes but I'm not sure since I removed my check engine light. Although my scan tool shows no egr codes so I think you should be good.

Comment

Well I just ordered it so I'll have to update this when I get it. I have quite a bit to study up on. I've never tuned a car before.

Comment

Ok I am also about to order mine, just doing some final checks as if the knock sensor will actually give me knock feedback as you are tuning....and other stuff, have done some programmable tuning in the past with megasquirt, SDS and haltech so it's just to get familiar with the system....I hope they do ship to Barbados.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X