Some anti-lag\2 step information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some anti-lag\2 step information

i found this on hptuners. Thought it might help some people out, and it'll help me find it again when its time for me to play with it. :rock:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ift-cars/page4

Re: Some anti-lag\2 step information

Fuel cutoffs are not a wise way to imitate an anti-lag...

Comment

The trick is to put a relay in the IAT sensor wires and fault it to -40 and in the HPT table cut the timing only at -40. Flip switch, IAT grounds out, ECM reads -40, goes to ignition adder table, dump ignition, flames and pops come out of exhaust, boost happens. :)

Comment

There's the trick....

http://www.msdignition.com/Products/..._Selector.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
          Fuel cutoffs are not a wise way to imitate an anti-lag...
          because of residual fuel?? i'm not sure why they used fuel instead of timing, unless of course we don't have the tables??? but they made a point to say that it pulls all fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless View Post
            The trick is to put a relay in the IAT sensor wires and fault it to -40 and in the HPT table cut the timing only at -40. Flip switch, IAT grounds out, ECM reads -40, goes to ignition adder table, dump ignition, flames and pops come out of exhaust, boost happens. :)
            Have you done that yourself, gutless?

Comment

No, guy on a local board has a setup similar on his turboed 5.3 camaro. Its a bit different since its LS vs V6 but its all GM EFI so its basically the same.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-ox...de-system.html

Comment

that would be a pretty neat way to go.. especially if you use the clutch switch to control the relay and run a manual switch to open/close that circuit. i have no idea if you'd want to pull all timing or what though.

Comment

The MSD DIS-4 has a two step feature as well as being a very nice ignition. Just saying.
                  Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                  Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                  Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                  Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                  Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

i just google the msd box to see if it was worth it to upgrade. I found nothing but bad reviews and people saying it was an expensive piece of junk... i've always though of MSD as high quality, but i know with the LT1 optisparks. Most of the MSD replacements were junk too. i think i'll keep looking for alternatives.

Comment

i tried this on my turbo 3.8.. well sort of. i was just fooling around with the tune and set everything after 3000rpm or so to 0 degrees of timing. revved it up in neutral and it would still revv up to the 4500 fuel cut limit, just felt mushier. it's hard to say if it helped build boost but it didn't work like a 2 step like i was hoping. also i never drove with it like that since it was only a test and mine's an automatic.
                      94 Camaro convertible -- mostly stock
                      97 Firebird -- Project Car - kyb agx shocks, eibach springs, 3.42 torsen diff, aluminum driveshaft, slp cai, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back. hptuners. not done yet.
                      98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

Originally posted by lil' jon View Post
                        i tried this on my turbo 3.8.. well sort of. i was just fooling around with the tune and set everything after 3000rpm or so to 0 degrees of timing. revved it up in neutral and it would still revv up to the 4500 fuel cut limit, just felt mushier. it's hard to say if it helped build boost but it didn't work like a 2 step like i was hoping. also i never drove with it like that since it was only a test and mine's an automatic.
                        You would have had to set the Park/Neutral rev limit to 3k, in the fuel menu.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X