fuel injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel injectors

Going through my logs today I was reminded that I am maxing out my 36# injectors...I seem to be sitting at roughly 90% injector duty at WOT when I had it on the dyno...how do I know which injectors I should upgrade to? 42.5 or 60#'s? The UIM/LIM are 100% stock still, so those will eventually be swapped/modded so I'm thinking the 42.5 *might* be ok for now? but what about with additional intake manifold work done?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: fuel injectors

I P/P my own and they came out great even the TB. Aren't you running bigger valves on your heads? I'm running the Manely valves which are bigger than stock and with 65lb injectors I'm not even close to maxing and their priced about the same so might as well do 65lbers.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      I P/P my own and they came out great even the TB. Aren't you running bigger valves on your heads? I'm running the Manely valves which are bigger than stock and with 65lb injectors I'm not even close to maxing and their priced about the same so might as well do 65lbers.
      yes, Im running the manleys as well, 1.9 and 1.57's

the ARH cam only had me at like 65-70% duty...I'm pretty steady at 90% in the upper rpm's now with the new cam it looks like...same kinda tune as the ARH just more fuel added obviously to compensate for the AFR leaning out.

Comment

What is the total HP goal? With a 36# injector you should be able to get approx 265whp out it at 80% duty cycle, assuming 25% drive train loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Meemperor View Post
          What is the total HP goal? With a 36# injector you should be able to get approx 265whp out it at 80% duty cycle, assuming 25% drive train loss.
          I dunno what the hp goal will be, she was at 239 on the mustang dyno at 6000rpm.

I lied to you though when I was talking to you about this...I said she was at 12.4 afr across the board...when she hits 90% she's leaning out to 12.9afr...I didn't realize that until I looked at the scan again last night.

Seems to be at 5300rpm I am at 78-80%, by 5600rpm I am at 88%, and 90% by 6000rpm. At the start of the run at 4900rpm I am as low as 69% duty.

I guess from here I still want to stay N/A for now so its just a matter of how much hp I can gain from swapping to a custom Holden intake manifold...since no one really has hp numbers, I dont know how much I can increase my hp by, by doing a swap and p&ping it along with a custom top (whatever that ends up being)

Comment

I would go with the 65lbers(60 on ours) incase you do a dry shot of nitrous you'll have plenty to go 12's or even 11's with a 100 shot. The price for 42.5 lb injectors is pretty close to 65lbers so might as well get the bigger injectors.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Also the 36lb injectors are more like 33lbs on our fuel system.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                I would go with the 65lbers(60 on ours) incase you do a dry shot of nitrous you'll have plenty to go 12's or even 11's with a 100 shot. The price for 42.5 lb injectors is pretty close to 65lbers so might as well get the bigger injectors.
                Way too big, especially on a S/D tune. 42#'s would be more than enough for an N/A build, even with a hit. But really something still seems weird that you're running out of injector.

You're running a Walbro and hotwire kit right?

Comment

Yup, walboro and hotwire...only thing I haven't installed yet from that kit was the 8 gauge ground that came as a bonus for the battery....I gotta find time to do that... Ya I'm kind of suprised I'm running out of injector to to be honest...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    3 hours ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Had to get another phone
                    by ssms5411
                    Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                    1 week ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Leaking front cover
                    by ssms5411
                    So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • transamtom1
                    Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                    by transamtom1
                    Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X