o2 sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o2 sensor

SES light came on today and it was Faulty o2 sensor, bank 1 sensor 2, low voltage. which i was told was post cat. I took the liberty of deleting it but im sure it will return.
    About 3 weeks ago I had a high flow cat put on,
    question is, is the o2 bad because of the new cat?
    If that's the case, if I buy a new o2 sensor, can I expect the same code to return?

On a side note, I believe I have a blown head gasket...any contribution to this sensor going bad?

Re: o2 sensor

I have recently had a lot of smelly white smoke coming out the exhaust, especially on the first startup on the day...idk if that's related.

Comment

If your leaking coolant into your engine , it may destroy your O2's.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

so you don't think it's the high flow cat, since it's been on for a few weeks?

Comment

The high flow CAT will do it , needs a sim or tuned out.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

if that's the case why did it take 3 weeks to throw a code? and for the meantime I deleted the code..just as a temporary means.
            Not to mention, the exhaust has been excessively smelly for a while.

Comment

like ssssssms said, coolant will kill the sensors. the highflow cat won't kill it. is low voltage like no activity? or heater voltage? the highflow cat will skew the readings i'm sure.. ( don't know from experience, it just theoretically makes sense)

Comment

low voltage means no activity. The PCM has to register that sensor being inactive for more than 2 minutes to throw a code. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't bad because the high flow cat fried it but in theory, too much flow shouldn't cause the sensor to go bad, just produce a code basically saying the cat "isn't functioning"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  1 week ago
                • ssms5411
                  Leaking front cover
                  by ssms5411
                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                  2 weeks ago
                • transamtom1
                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                  by transamtom1
                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X