Replacing MAP sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing MAP sensor?

How do i replace it? tools needed and about how long to replace?

Re: Replacing MAP sensor?

I remember it is pretty easy.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

MAP sensor? No tools really necessary. It clips out of the bracket and also the harness. Bring some band-aids as the cowl will probably try to eat you alive.

Comment

First, disconnect the neg. part of your battery. THe MAP is located on the passenger side almost at the very back. Disconnect the wire and if I remember correctly you tap on the locking tabs and you pull up. I don't remember if you would have to use a skinny flat head screw driver.

Comment

thanks guys did it today unfortunately it didnt resolve my problem

Comment

Did you ever replace the coils?

Comment

Dude. Bring it by one day and I'll get you squared away. Preferably a day with no rain or snow. Let me know if you need my # again.
              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

yea coils icm and now map lol its like troubleshooting this thing one by one....yes # again please def would be a great help id appreciate

Comment

why did you replace the MAP? If anything you'd replace your MAF first. Unplug your MAF and drive around and see how the car feels.

Comment

Originally posted by firebird19_99 View Post
                    yea coils icm and now map lol its like troubleshooting this thing one by one....yes # again please def would be a great help id appreciate
                    Do you have a SES light on? Get a cheap pocket scanner and scan that so you don't waste anymore money.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                      why did you replace the MAP? If anything you'd replace your MAF first. Unplug your MAF and drive around and see how the car feels.
                      He's going to run around in open loop.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                        Hello everyone!
                        by Andy H
                        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • 3.4 slow to go
                        hey there strangers!
                        by 3.4 slow to go
                        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X