tiny tuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tiny tuner

Surely I can't be the first on the board to find out about this?? Why hasn't anyone mentioned it.

Its a new capability that has been made available to us from some people over on the gtp boards I believe. Basically you get the BIN file from your car and input it into tiny tuner, and we have access to several tables and parameters that are non existent to us on hp tuners. We are able to go in and make revisions to these tables, and then save it as a .hpt file, and flash it into our pcm's with hp tuners.

The software is free and completely open to us. Apparently there are several parameters now for MAP and VE tables we can now access!!! As well as a bunch for open/closed loop etc etc etc.

I have a bunch of links I want to attach but I am on my phone right now, so you guys will have to wait... Or you can do a quick google on "tiny tuner"...looks like it is geared towards 3800 cars 96-05

I just need to figure out how to save my BIN (and where to get it) and I would love to start exploring this program

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: tiny tuner

interesting, I haven't read about it yet, but I haven't been on the gtp forums in some time. lol. Post up the info when you are on a computer :)
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

http://theblattners.com/Projects/TinyTuner/default.html

Comment

I'll let this do most of the explanation...since most of this stuff is over my head and I am still trying to grasp it myself (pm'ing a guy on hp tuners board which led me to this)

http://60degreev6.com/forum/showthre...P-or-HPT-users

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...heck=245172642

Looks like us HP tuner users will have to grab a stock BIN file, then copy all our changes made on hpt to Tiny tuner and make the changes through that editor...as well as any other changes on the new tables...then bring that BIN back into Hp tuners and save it as a hpt file so that we can flash it. But all changes after that have to still be made on the BIN file on tiny tuner, since you wont be able to bring your hpt file back into tiny tuners...if that makes sense?

I need to figure out where to get a BIN file and start trying to play around with this.

I am also curious to find out if we would need to do a write entire, or if a write calibration only would still work?

Travis, I haven't had a chance to go through that link yet, but just the pictures look promising

Comment

Interesting. Definitely a good find!

I might have to see if I can give this a try after the holidays.
          '99 Camaro
          '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
          '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Could we sticky this, so it's easy to find?
            Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
            Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
            Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
            Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
            Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter02Camaro View Post
              Could we sticky this, so it's easy to find?
              sure can ;)

Comment

Does anyone know how to obtain a BIN file for our cars?

Comment

Search on 3800pro.com. There are some guys that can convert your
                  hpt to a bin.

Comment

Sonds like a nice little tuner, how much was it again, for one vehicle or does it do all vehicles? .
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

it's free and does all 96-05 3800 vehicles. Not sure if they have created tables for any other cars...

Comment

has anyone had a chance to play with this yet? I've just started messing around with some tables for fun...Ive got a stok l67 bin Ive been messing with...there is a ton more options, and I havent the slightest clue what half of them do...

right now im actually trying to see if I can up the VE limit on our VE tables from 200% to say 500%...havent been able to figure it out yet..

Comment

I can send you a BIN. from my stock bin from hptuners if you want a 1997 bin. file.
                          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

ya sure email it over... allstar_goaltender@hotmail.com

I have an l67 one, but Im just toying around with stuff right now...getting to know the tables...

Comment

Sent...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X